Did anyone return from Grandeur recently?

We are going on Grandeur on 9-night Caribbean from Baltimore.

I did a search and I think I read EVERY post about this ship (Great pictures and review Radio!:D

Buy I don't see any reviews from someone who returned from the Grandeur recently.

Anyone? :D

Yes, I was on the Grandeur 5 night bermuda and am leaving for the Grandeur 5 night Bermuda tomorrow doing a back to back with the 9 night cruise. Ship is overall in very good condition. Entertainment is good although the shows have not changed from year to year (which I already knew). Food in the dining room ranges from good to great although the desserts are mediocre to excellent. Cruise director is Tim (he is from the US) and the Captain is Rob Hempstead (also an American). This is a very unique situation on an internationally flagged ship. I must say having an American captain was interesting as he had a very dry sense of humor and kept announcements short and to the point. Cabins are getting a little worn looking with the bedspereads quite frankly needing to be refreshed. I'm sure this will be taken care of when the new bedding arrives. Also, the beds this year were not nearly as comfortable as in the past. Food at the Windjammers definately has gone down hill and was moderate to good. They were painting and replacing the jogging track while I was onboard. The pool is in very good condition. The staff was quite friendly and the purser's desk was extremely helpful. Hope this information helps. I am currently packing for my cruise tomorrow so I don't really have time to write a detailed review.

I was on the Grandeur 9 night that returned on JUly 16th. We were the first cruise going into Miami.....first time using it as a port of call, and 3 hours late. The weather held up for us in Key West (poured as we were leaving, Cozumel, and Pt. Canaveral. We were late into Costa May due to gale force winds.

The ship is beautiful and clean. The food was fantastic. The staff, the friedliest I've encountered in 8 cruises (Celebrity, Princess, and NCL). The entertainment very good. The rooms had plenty of storage, and showing a bit of wear (wood needs a good sanding and varnishing, and couch and bedspeads need a bit of cleaning)...but drydock is coming soon. The beds.....atrocious! I had so many dents and valleys in my mattress that I couldn't get my body curled up in the right one to fall asleep. Will be cruising to Bermuda myself in Oct. and I've already ordered a eggcrate mattress topper.

Best time to check in....a bit before 11;00AM....we were on the ship by 11:20.

Let me know if there's anything else you need to know. I loved the ship and crew so much, that Bermuda's in 2 months, and I plan to also be on the repositioning in Nov. of next year.

Take Care,

Jaime

I recently was on Grandeur for a TA Lunchean and Meeting, and the ship remains very beautiful. As others have said, some areas are a little worn...but the public areas on Grandeur are all very very Beautiful.

I am getting ready for my next cruise.....The 9 Nt Explorer of the Seas from Cape Liberty on Aug 11, 2006.

Enjoy your cruise ! You will love the Grandeur of the Seas:)

Radio

;) ;)

Grandeur of the Seas in Coco Cay 07/05

view?id=3382324;position=35;size=600;jive=

ANGELPUG you mention you ordered a eggcrate topper for your upcoming cruise. Did you order this from RCI or do you intend on carrying it onboard with you. It sounds like a great idea. Thanks for any reply.

Several days ago, another poster said they saw them swapping out bedding in cabins on the lower decks. Did you see any evidence of this continuing on your sailing?

Sensitive backs want to know! :)

Theron

We're sailing on the Grandeur again in a month and I was curious whether either of our favorite bartenders were still in the Viking Crown Lounge -Manford and AJ. Did any of you encounter them?

Sorry, the first bartender's name is Maxford - not Manford.:(

Just back today from 9-night W.Caribbean on Grandeur. Best dining room & stateroom service we've ever had (last two cruises were HAL--good service once, terrible service once), food was excellent. We had room steward apply eggcrate mattress to bed, not bad though nowhere near as comfy as HAL's bedding. We had inside stateroom, tiny but decent storage, itty bitty shower/bathroom. Great entertainment (didn't go to production shows, can't comment on those). Dining room bar waiter excellent, all bar waiters pleasant, don't know any names.

Just back today from 9-night W.Caribbean on Grandeur. Best dining room & stateroom service we've ever had (last two cruises were HAL--good service once, terrible service once), food was excellent. We had room steward apply eggcrate mattress to bed, not bad though nowhere near as comfy as HAL's bedding. We had inside stateroom, tiny but decent storage, itty bitty shower/bathroom. Great entertainment (didn't go to production shows, can't comment on those). Dining room bar waiter excellent, all bar waiters pleasant, don't know any names.

Can you give any sort of review of the bands/orchestra and whether you saw any ballroom dancing on Grandeur? We were on Grandeur almost a year ago, but before we started ballroom dance lessons, was hoping for some insight about the dance floors and bands. Thanks in advance for any help, and my email is below if you'd rather just email it.

Archived