Capt Larry - Pictures of his boat

cruisingw/mom

They may not be great to you but to me they are fantastic! Makes me even more excited & anxious to get up there! Do you know what time is considered "early" to be w/Capt. Larry & the new purple boat? May have to call them! TIA.

wow! The Pictures Are Great. I Didn't Think I Wanted To Do A Whale Sightseeing But After Seeing The Photos I Think We Might Just Do It - Captain Larry Where Is He Out Of And Do You Think You Can Just Go Up To The Boat And Book? I Leave In 3 Days For A Landcruise Tour . Any Other Suggestions For Places Or Tours To See? Thanks Karon:)

Thanks for the compliments on the photos. Those two are in a collection of ALL (2600+) photos my family members took during our week-long cruise. Captain Larry's excursion was excellent. There were about 40 people on the boat, but it didn't feel crowded at all. If you'd like to see the edited and captioned photos of our excursion with Captain Larry, you can go to http://theleslies.shutterfly.com/action/pictures?a=67b0de21b33e1b5625b6 .

As for booking early, we booked almost a year in advance and specifically requested Captain Larry's boat. I would definitely recommend them!

I'm trying to ck to be sure we have Capt. Larry plus our statement shows 1/2 pd for us and our friends but CCs was charged full price which hasn't been corrected even after an email some time ago. The original e-mail address used is returned, box full. As an FYI this new addess returned mail as not valid address. Will try to get to them / phone later today.

Important FYI Capt. Larry has only one e-mail address: <orca@alaska.com>. The "whales" addresses are other companies trying to use the references to Orca. This per Carol, CEO/Mgr @ Orca / phone just now! Yes! We are scheduled w/Capt. Larry on the new Odyssey!

Cheryl, try to call Orca. When I talked to Carol tonite to get my info I told her e-mail was coming back-box full. She said they'd just downloaded their mail. It is, of course, a very busy time for them. I would certainly make reservations asap. She did mention pax walking in on day of arrival but that's very chancy & this is something I'm sure you don't want to miss!

Important FYI Capt. Larry has only one e-mail address: <orca@alaska.com>. The "whales" addresses are other companies trying to use the references to Orca. This per Carol, CEO/Mgr @ Orca / phone just now! Yes! We are scheduled w/Capt. Larry on the new Odyssey!

I know this is a silly question but what is their phone number. I want to book with Carol and Capt. Larry only.

Laura

Cheryl, try to call Orca. When I talked to Carol tonite to get my info I told her e-mail was coming back-box full. She said they'd just downloaded their mail. It is, of course, a very busy time for them. I would certainly make reservations asap. She did mention pax walking in on day of arrival but that's very chancy & this is something I'm sure you don't want to miss!

Thanks for the info, I will call. Is it too early to call for a June 2007 booking?

Address/site on their confirmation is <www.alaskawhalewatching.com> and phone #888-733-6722 [same as above but you don't hav to hunt for the letters!] Carol has me a little antsy about the "pti" site.

Cheryl..I don't think it's ever too early to book a popular excursion & you are within a yr. now. Only negative is your 1/2 deposit is theirs as soon as you book.

Cheryl..I don't think it's ever too early to book a popular excursion & you are within a yr. now. Only negative is your 1/2 deposit is theirs as soon as you book.

Okay thanks. As soon as I know how many in our party is coming, I will book.

Well, on the money, I guess that's kind of like money saved. lol

Thanks for the great pictures, makes me glad I booked Captain Larry for our cruise in September

You wont be sorry. Captain Larry was a great pilot and his boat and staff are top knotch. Whales were great too :cool:

I thought u usually dont see orca whales.U usually see humpbacks. I am traveling aug.11th on the vision and we booked w/ captain larry.I am all excited now after seeing these great pictures. Thank u so much Sarah

Took late July cruise and saw Humpback whales, sea lions, eagles, and black bears but sadly no orca. Larry said its a rare sight this time of year though a visitors guide indicated orca are in all four seasons. Still, I believe Larry as he seems very wise to the area.

Someone posted their pictures from late May or late June and they found several orca pods...perhaps more orca than humpbacks.

Archived