Information shown on tv's on board?

I know it's a long shot, but I know on some flights they'll show where the airplane is currently flying over and how far there is to go etc. Any chance the cruise ships do this as well? It would be kinda neat to know where you are and what islands are nearby.

They DID show this on the AOS (so I assume others as well) There was a channel that showed current weather and radar and they also rotated in where the ship currently was and where we already traveled. They included updates on how many nautical miles we had traveled. You can also see this info. from the peek-a-boo bridge. This is an area where you can look through windows and down into the bridge, there were television screens that showed the ships location.

Ooo, very cool! I'll be on the AOS so that'll be perfect :) I'm a big weather enthusiast too, so I'm all about having radar anytime I want it! Ahh, can't wait. Thanks teacherkim!

I totally understand, addicted to the weather channel:o of all things. My DH gets much amusement from my stress if we are in a location where I cannot get weather/radar information. Enjoy the AOS, we loved her.

There doesn't appear to be a general policy for cruise lines with respect to displaying the ships position. The captain will usually make an announcement at noon, with information on location, weather and sea conditions, course and speed, etc. Some ships have displayed nautical charts with ships location and progress in the centrum or some central location. Some ships will also have an on-board tv channel that depicts the updated ships location.

petert

Archived