Ocho Rios questions (Beaches and Margaritaville)

We are less than two weeks away from our cruise (counting the seconds as they go by). Our cruise goes to Ocho Rios one day and we have already been there, and needless to say it wasn't our favorite port of call. So this time around I believe we are just going to make a beach day of it, and also we may drop by Margaritavill for a cocktail of two (or five). I'd love to hear about your experiences at the beach or Margaritaville in Ocho Rio. Thanks

Just back. First time to Jamaica. Did the falls and river tubing. Only ship in port that day and the two beaches at the pier were EMPTY! They looked nice from the ship. That's all I can tell you. Have fun!

Margaritaville has a freshwater pool with a waterslide surrounded by tables. Under the thatched roof is the bar area with dj. Prices reasonable sort of like a Bennigans or TGIF. Farther out is a small beach with access to small water toys. The place is located in a shopping complex that has other bars and shops to visit. We went after our tours and stayed about 2.5 hours. My family loved it.....TAZ

Archived