Getting from Orlando to Miracle in Tampa

teacherkab

We are flying into Orlando a few days before our cruise to enjoy some pre-cruise fun. I am having trouble finding transportation from Orlando to Tampa on the day of our cruise. Car rental is fine, but the only one-way rentals are airport to airport. This means taking a taxi to/from each airport. More $$ in addition to the car rental and more time. Does anyone know of any service for transport between Orlando and Tampa? Thanks!

Try Legacy Towncar. We used them from Orlando to Port Canaveral and were very happy with their service. Others have used Art's Shuttle service and Mears Transportation. Not sure if they go to Tampa or not but might be worth checking it out.

You might want to check out Enterprise to rent a car. Supposedly, they will pick you up and drop you off. If they do, they coiuld pick you up at hotel in Orlando and drop you off at pier in Tampa, with the reverse on the way back (airport instead of hotel in Orlando on the way back).

If that isn't a feasible option, there is a bus service called Cruise Connection (I think), that provides bus service throughout Florida to the cruise ports. That might work.

I think a town car rental might be expensive. While it is only about 45 min. from Orlando to Pt. Canaveral, it is approx. 1 1/2 hours from Orlando to Tampa.

Thanks, I will check out those options. I am continung to look into more car rental agencies as well. Enterprise does not offer the "pick you up" service from the major airports in Florida, and they only allow one way rental to/from the major airports.

I have found nationwide that most Hotels will take you an pick you up at the rental car agency. In Tampa several of the car rental agencies will take you directly to the port.

I have found nationwide that most Hotels will take you an pick you up at the rental car agency. In Tampa several of the car rental agencies will take you directly to the port.

Check the major rentals. Call Tampa agents and ask if they will drop you off at the port. I have used Dollar, Avis and both of them will take you to the port. Some others do also. But I have only used Dollar and had no problem. I have also used Thrifty for one way rentals in florida also.

Archived