Pride waterslide back in business

NRWO

Yes there were several design flaws.

Yes changes were made.

Doubt there are photos as this is effective as of the cruise that left Long Beach yesterday I believe.

I'm sure this is a really dumb question, but which pool does the Pride slide slide into?

It doesn't slide into any pool - you just slide into a flat area. I was on it on Friday 8/4.

I did find out why the slide was replaced...at least according to the girl who did my pedicure on board...the old slide was really slick and fast, and some people of "size" went down and didn't stop until they crashed into the wall at the end :eek: When I went down it was faster at the top and then leveled out near the end which slowed you down a lot.

DSC_0037edit.JPG.4a3bb6379e85962b846b950df6350351.JPG

It doesn't slide into any pool - you just slide into a flat area.

I did find out why the slide was replaced...

Maybe because sliders were landing in the ocean. So that's why cruise lines are loosing passengers.

I just got off on the pride on Sunday (7/30-8/06). Yes the slide is open. I was told by the assistant cruise director that the slide was closed because people were going down too fast and hurting themselves in the splash pool. It was closed for nearly 9 monthes while the slide was redesigned. My personal expereince with the slide was less than exhilerating, not worth a second ride. Although I am sure most kids got the most enjoyment out of it.

Archived