Are they clones?

gorditaRN

I was wondering how Marva, Peat, Phil can take so many people from different ships on their tours personally. Is there only one ship at a time. I always read posts that these people excorted themselves. Are they clones?

D.:confused:

Clones, hmmm, I hadn't thought about that! Well, having spent the day with Marva, I know that she definitely is the original Marva! When we were in Ocho Rios, the Mariner was the only ship in port that day. And we were her only clients that day. She does the OR runs for knowjamaica.com. She has other drivers for other ports and bigger tours.

These drivers are part of the JUTA organization. They are tourist taxi drivers/guides. They all are assigned a number and the lower the number the more likely they are to get riders at the port. From what I can understand (and I may be completely wrong interpreting what Marva said), for those with higher numbers, they have decided not to rely on getting a low queue number but have turned to the internet for help getting business. Thus, we have Peat, Phil, Orville, Belinda, Marva on the net. They get CC members as passengers. We come back and rave about them and mention their websites and CC folk contact them and suddenly these drivers are doing well and are popular without being totally at the mercy of JUTA. I do not know how much internet business they get independent of CC. I know that many of Marva's clients come from this board. And she is extremely grateful to CC and to board posters. I thnk that all of the guides mentioned on the boards are very grateful to CC.

And I am grateful because I have done one ship excursion in OR and wasn't thrilled about going back. Finding info on this board made all the difference in the world. I would not even have known about JUTA drivers or what they meant (tourist safety). These board gave me info about reliable drivers. Having a reliable driver makes a trip to OR delightful.

Just wanted to drop in here. Last year we had booked with Trevor Hudlin, fast replies, good price etc. Our cruise got diverted due to hurricane so was unable to see Jamaica. This year we are trying again in Oct. and e-mailed Trevor several times with no answer. Thanks to reading Barva's posts and seeing her pics, I contacted Marva Shaw and am confirmed with her tour. So far she has been great and thanks again for the info.

Wow! I am glad that my info was helpful. I understand about missing ports now since we missed Grand Cayman due to inclement weather. You will make it to Jamaica this time for sure! Have a wonderful trip.

Archived