Radiance - Southbound Alaska - what nts are formal?

Well, I can't answer for certain but will bump this up so hopefully someone else can. :)

I do know that on the northbound cruise formal nights are Sunday (first at sea day) and Thursday (last port day). I would assume it's the same for southbound which kind of sucks since you are in port until 8:00pm on your last port day.

We did southbound on Vision last year and I remember being rushed around on our 2nd formal night since we did early seating. It was our last port day (Ketchikan). But I'm pretty sure we weren't in port until 8:00pm either. We were at sea the next day (inside passage) before docking in Vancouver.

I'm pretty sure it won't be your last at sea day because of early disembarkation the next day. Maybe it is Wednesday when you are only in ICP until 5:00pm??

Hopefully someone will give you a definitive answer. :o

Hey docholiday can you tell me how was the cruise? the food and how did you get to Seward to get on?

We go in September and fly into Anchorage and take the train to Seward and gotten various answer about the train.

Thanks so much for the info on formal nights.

Christine

Hey docholiday can you tell me how was the cruise? the food and how did you get to Seward to get on?

We go in September and fly into Anchorage and take the train to Seward and gotten various answer about the train.

Thanks so much for the info on formal nights.

Christine

Hi Christine,

We had a great time on the Radiance........beautiful ship, wonderful staff/service. Food was par for RCI cruises, nothing spectacular. Shows were good, but we only saw 2-3 shows.

We spent 4 days pre-cruise Anchorage to Denali to Anchorage. Then we took the AKRR 645am train from ANC to Seward, then spent 2 1/2 days in Seward touring. The train ride was great. We spent time in our seats but also in the dome car as well as in the dining car having breakfast. Very scenic ride that lasted about 4 hours. It was very enjoyable.

Once we arrived in Seward, we signed up for the Seavey Ididaride (on the spot) and after the dog sled ride, they dropped us off at the Holiday Inn Express, where we stayed 2 nights.

We did Kenai Fjord cruise next day plus just walked around the harbor watching boats come in with their huge halibut catches.

On day of embarkation, we spent the morning at the Alaska SeaLife Ctr. That afternoon, we walked from the Holiday Inn to the ship (20 mins) with the hotel transporting our bags to the ship for us.

Hope that helps. Enjoy your cruise. Let me know if you have other questions.

Can anyone please tell me when the formal nights are for the Radiance southbound? I am trying to figure out shore excursion.

Thanks

OK, sorry, but I've got to ask this. You are doing an Alaska cruise, probably a once in a lifetime event for most people and you are planning your excursions around which night is formal night? Please, plan your excursions around seeing and doing Alaska. Formal night will be available on any cruise! OK off my soapbox now...

Archived