Three HAL ships at HMC on 11/10/06

clueless2

ALSO HMMMM

I was under the impression that Carnival ships were not to be scheduled to stop at HMC when HAL is there!!!

Guess those rules have changed.

I don't think so. I believe Carnival only has use of the island when HAL is not there ... like during the summer months when HAL does not sail the Caribbean. HAL would have an awfully difficult time sharing that island with Carnival since most HMC days have two HAL ships on the island. Add a Carnival ship to the mix, and you've got an awful lot of people trying to use a limited amount of space that day. The only way I can see the island being shared by more ships would be if HAL or Carnival undertook a major development project to expand the amount of space used by the cruise lines on the island. Then, yeah ... they could up their capacity whereby three or four ships could easily be enjoying port stops on the island at the same time. But, the way things are now ... no way.

HMC is an island best enjoyed by no more than two ships on the same day. Depending upon the size of the ships, even two can be too many. So, I doubt you'll be seeing Carnival join the mix ... not the way things are now. Carnival will use it most likely only when HAL has vacated it while not sailing the Caribbean during the summer months. And ... I have no problem with that. Why should the island go unused for so many months when other ships can be using it and helping to pay for its upkeep?

Blue skies ...

--rita

I contacted Holland America by phone and email and was told the same answer yes all 3 ships will be at Half Moon on the same day on November 10th.

We have reserved a cabana, but are thinking of canceling it, doesnt seem like it will be much fun if you have 4546 people on the beach. :(

Please, anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but my brochure(sp?) states that the Nov. 4th sailing will be doing the itinerary in the reverse order making HMC our first port of call on Nov. 5th(8am-5pm) followed by St. Thomas(8am-6pm), Tortola(7am-2pm), Turks & Caicos(noon-6pm). We are also on that sailing and hope that there will not be 3 ships in that day. I am looking at the Caribbean & Mexico brochure Oct.2006-Dec 2007 page 31. Sorry if I'm wrong!!!!!!

Please, anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but my brochure(sp?) states that the Nov. 4th sailing will be doing the itinerary in the reverse order making HMC our first port of call on Nov. 5th(8am-5pm) followed by St. Thomas(8am-6pm), Tortola(7am-2pm), Turks & Caicos(noon-6pm). We are also on that sailing and hope that there will not be 3 ships in that day. I am looking at the Caribbean & Mexico brochure Oct.2006-Dec 2007 page 31. Sorry if I'm wrong!!!!!!

You are correct! I just received my update from HAL and Zuiderdam will be there earlier in the week. Only 2 HAL ships that day...

Brian

Gooood....I'd hate to make a statement like that and then be wrong. Two ships are a little better than three, but one would be GREAT. Now then, how many ships are to be in HMC on Nov. 5th along with the Zuiderdam? Maybe we'll be all alone???? We can only hope! At least it's down to 2 on Nov. 10th.

Gooood....I'd hate to make a statement like that and then be wrong. Two ships are a little better than three, but one would be GREAT. Now then, how many ships are to be in HMC on Nov. 5th along with the Zuiderdam? Maybe we'll be all alone???? We can only hope! At least it's down to 2 on Nov. 10th.

You're it.... so far!

That's great news!! Is the brochure on-line or paper? If on-line could you provide a link? Thanks for the info.

Clueless2.....

I have a paper brochure, but on HAL website you can access e-brochures. I'm not very computer savvy, so not sure how to put a link into these boards. If you go to HAL website and click on Cruise Vacation E-brochures, then click on Caribbean/Mexico 2007, then go to page 31 you'll see the itinerary for Zuiderdam. It is hard to read, but there is a little square beside the Nov. 4 sailing that denotes "Nov. 4 sailing visits ports in reverse order, port times vary as follows: Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 8:00am-5:00pm; St. Thomas,USVI 8:00am-6:00pm; Road Town, Tortola 7:00am-2:00pm; Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos noon-6:00pm". Not sure when the sea days would be, but maybe Monday and Friday???? At this point Zuiderdam is the only ship at HMC on Sunday Nov. 5th. Sounds good to me!!!!!

Clueless2.....

I have a paper brochure, but on HAL website you can access e-brochures. I'm not very computer savvy, so not sure how to put a link into these boards. If you go to HAL website and click on Cruise Vacation E-brochures, then click on Caribbean/Mexico 2007, then go to page 31 you'll see the itinerary for Zuiderdam. It is hard to read, but there is a little square beside the Nov. 4 sailing that denotes "Nov. 4 sailing visits ports in reverse order, port times vary as follows: Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 8:00am-5:00pm; St. Thomas,USVI 8:00am-6:00pm; Road Town, Tortola 7:00am-2:00pm; Grand Turk, Turks & Caicos noon-6:00pm". Not sure when the sea days would be, but maybe Monday and Friday???? At this point Zuiderdam is the only ship at HMC on Sunday Nov. 5th. Sounds good to me!!!!!

Sounds good to me too!!!! I had looked at that e-brochure but didn't notice the "little square". Sea-days of Monday and Friday would seem logical since that would be the "reverse order" .

Thanks!!

I contacted Holland America by phone and email and was told the same answer yes all 3 ships will be at Half Moon on the same day on November 10th.

We have reserved a cabana, but are thinking of canceling it, doesnt seem like it will be much fun if you have 4546 people on the beach. :(

I would hold off cancelling the cabana if you really wanted it. I can't imagine HAL will actually go through with having three ships there at the same time. Often, they will change one ship's itinerary in order to prevent that from happening. HMC simply cannot accommodate three ships on the same day ... especially when one of them is a Vista.

Blue skies ...

--rita

You are correct! I just received my update from HAL and Zuiderdam will be there earlier in the week. Only 2 HAL ships that day...

Brian

The cruisecal website still shows all three ships being on HMC on 11/10 and when I go to HAL's website the page where you book excursions still shows the Zuiderdam schedule with the ship being on HMC on 11/10. However they won't let you book any excursions for St Thomas and Tortola - only HMC and Grand Turk. Interesting. Oh well I guess we'll wait and see what happens.

Carnival ships are already at HMC ... just so far not at the same time as HAL ships.

Bskc, I love your cruise calendar site ... don't know how you manage to keep that up to date. I just sent you a small correction for the Prinsendam for 12/5. You have her both at HMC and San Juan that day, but she's at San Juan. Keep up your great work there ... it's fantastic!:)

MomK, come join our Roll Call for the 12/2 Prinsendam cruise! Love to have you. And shhhhh! Don't tell anyone we're alone at HMC that day. It's a closely guarded secret.

Hope they never do put 3 ships there at once. We were there on the Oosterdam with the Volendam (I think) and it was one ship too many. Three would be a nightmare. The ideal is just one.

Thank you for contacting the Holland America shore excursion department. Here is your itinerary:

0 SAT FORT LAUDERDALE, FL, USA Depart 17:00

1 SUN Half Moon Cay, Bahamas Arr:8:00 Dep:17:00

2 MON At Sea

3 TUE St. Thomas, USVI Arr:8:00 Dep:18:00

4 WED Road Town, Tortola, BVI Arr:7:00 Dep:14:00

5 THU Grand Turk,Turks & Caicos Arr:noon Dep:18:00

6 FRI At Sea

7 SAT FORT LAUDERDALE, FL, USA Arr: 7:00

I think that would make us the only ship on HMC on Sunday (as of now).

Archived