One or Two Butlers?

tlm

We are in an AC suite on the Sun next month. I read somewhere that the suites have two butlers that servcice the suites.

Why and how does that work?

Thanks

Toni ;)

We are in an AC suite on the Sun next month. I read somewhere that the suites have two butlers that servcice the suites.

Thanks

Toni ;)

Hi Toni,

Are you thinking of both butler and concierge service? They are different, so it's not two butlers.

Robin

Hi Toni,

Are you thinking of both butler and concierge service? They are different, so it's not two butlers.

Robin

Robin

I know there is a concierge as well as a butler however, I have read where folks talk about the two butlers they have had.

Toni

Robin

I know there is a concierge as well as a butler however, I have read where folks talk about the two butlers they have had.

Toni

Toni,

Maybe we'll have to have our little CC gathering in your cabin!!!

;) (Don't panic, I'm just kidding)

-Monte

I had two butlers on my last cruise. At first I thought it was just one covering for the other due to some unusual circumstance. But we ended up seeing each just as much as the other. It sounds odd but the service was really very good

Toni,

Maybe we'll have to have our little CC gathering in your cabin!!!

;) (Don't panic, I'm just kidding)

-Monte

Sounds good to me just as long as I don't have to cook! :)

Toni ;)

Thanks

Toni ;)

There are at least two butlers onboard most NCL ships. From time to time they cover for each other. You should have a primary butler and a number to call. Dont't be surprised if the other one shows up with breakfast depending on work load and timing.

I hope and assume they do pool the tips. I did not bother to chase down both the butlers I saw on the Sun.

I had two butlers on my last cruise. At first I thought it was just one covering for the other due to some unusual circumstance. But we ended up seeing each just as much as the other. It sounds odd but the service was really very good

Did you tip them the same?

Toni

There are at least two butlers onboard most NCL ships. From time to time they cover for each other. You should have a primary butler and a number to call. Dont't be surprised if the other one shows up with breakfast depending on work load and timing.

I hope and assume they do pool the tips. I did not bother to chase down both the butlers I saw on the Sun.

We had a butler on the Century and when he had an afternoon off the other butler covered for him. Sounds like the same sort of set up.

Thanks

Toni

When we were on the Sun 11/05 we were given an envelope with both their names on it the morning of our last day (an envelope for the conciege also). We put both the the butlers tips in that one envelope. We had seen both of them equally, but to be honest we weren't impressed with either one. So much so that we decided to forego the suite on the POH. Hopefully you will have some different ones, and truly enjoy the experience.

Archived