RCCL Kids Program on Freedom of sea

grossnmoe

Hello, we are thinking of going on a cruise with a 4 yr. I was wondering about the RCCL kid program. How does it rate. Also, do you sign up for this prior to the cruise or once you are on board? Do can kids eat in the dinning room? I don't remember seeing kids in there on the last cruise I was on? Thanks for all the info.

You enroll your children once onboard. Of course they already know how many kid are coming because they have the birthdates of every passenger. If you do a search for "Adventure Ocean", you will find lots of threads and useful information on RCL's kid's program.

We did the Adventure Ocean on Vision of the Seas in June. You do not have to sign up in advance.

My impression is that the program was set up to have lots of activities, but the staff weren't 'into' it. Basically they would run activities and keep the kids happy but they kept themselves at arm's length and didn't really *bond* with the kids. I found the opposite to be true on Princess: the staff had more personal bonding with the kids but there were fewer scheduled activities.

Kids can eat in the dining room and ours did so every night with us (early seating).

Archived