Zip line in Montego Bay

ChrissySDMT

Hi there,

I going to Montego Bay in October, and was really interested in doing the zip line tour. They offer it through the ship, but was wondering if anyone had done any private tours and if they were good/bad?

Thanks for any info!

Christina

From what I understand, the cruiselines book up the zip line tour, and you cannot do it on your own. We are going while there on the Freedom 9/10/06 sailing. Booked it through RCCL, and it was $78. pp, but that also includes transportation. It is about an hour ride from Mo Bay, up through the jungle. My niece was there last year, in Jamaica for a land vacation, and they did this, and said it is one of the best things they have done. We did the zip line last year in Puerto Vallarta, and it is a fantastic day. You will have the time of your life!

Hi Debbie!

Thanks for the info. After doing some research of my own, I found a couple different companies that provide the zip line tour as well as the ship. They all seemed to provide transportation and whatnot, same as the ship. BUT, they were all about the same price, so I'm sure it will be easier just to book through the ship anyways.

Thanks for letting me know though, I'm really looking forward to it (if I get over the heights!!).

Christina

Hi Stephanie,

How are you? In your question, do you mean how many different zip lines you do in the one tour? I've looked into it quite a lot, and it seems that you do about 8 or 9 individual zip lines, from point to point, with some walking tours in between each 'zip'. The tours seem to last about 4 hours as well, with transportation to and from the jungle included.

Hope that clarifies everything for you! :D

Christina

Hi Stephanie,

How are you? In your question, do you mean how many different zip lines you do in the one tour? I've looked into it quite a lot, and it seems that you do about 8 or 9 individual zip lines, from point to point, with some walking tours in between each 'zip'. The tours seem to last about 4 hours as well, with transportation to and from the jungle included.

Hope that clarifies everything for you! :D

Christina

Thanks Christine! That's exactly what I was looking for.

Have a great weekend!

Stephanie

4 hours long? for only 9 zips?

HOw long is ride to and from? that just seems like a really long time!

we are scheduled through the boat on the Original Canopy tour....what other company did you find? I also was told you could ONLY book through the ship from the company themselves???

thanks!

4 hours long? for only 9 zips?

HOw long is ride to and from? that just seems like a really long time!

we are scheduled through the boat on the Original Canopy tour....what other company did you find? I also was told you could ONLY book through the ship from the company themselves???

thanks!

Hi there! How are you? I've heard that the drive is at least 45 minutes to and from the location that you zip line at. They will also have to spend time teaching everyone how to use the equipment, and suit everyone up! I guess with that, the zip lines, the walking tour, and whatnot, it takes 4 hours. Sounds really interesting though. When are you doing the excursion?

As for other companies, there's lots that you can book through. Some say that they will pick you up at a hotel or a pier (for the cruisers). Here are a couple of websites that have information:

http://jamaicacruiseexcursions.com/JamaicaAdventureRetreat.htm

http://www.viator.com/brochure/product_show.jsp?currencyIndicator=USD&PRODUCTID=1016&ID=1010&KEYWORD=&CODE=2325MBCANOPY

There's a few other companies that I've found as well. It's easy just to Google them. For now I think I will book through the ship though, as if for any reason you don't make the tour (if the ship gets into port late), you're able to get a full refund for the excursion. Some of the private companies don't give refunds if for some reason you need to cancel. Just something to be aware of! Also, they seem to be around the same price as well...

Thanks, hope that info helped!

Christina

We are there Thanksgiving week on the Conquest.

We have an 11 and 13 year old and Carnival will let us bring them but these companies say 16 and above.

thanks for the info though, I guess I will have to stick with Carnival.:p

have a great day/night!:D

just noticed this too:

Additional Info:

This tour is not suitable for children aged 16 years and under

If you are arriving into Jamaica from a Cruise Ship, this product must be booked directly with your cruise line

Archived