Island Tour, Snorkel, or Zipline?

debcsus

I thought this was going to be easy. :) We're looking at snorkeling, an island tour, or the zipline tour.

I'm pretty close to crossing off snorkeling, I've heard it's not great in St. Martin's and we'll be doing this at St. Thomas (we're actually taking the ferry over to St. Johns). But the shipwreck snorkel sounds interesting. Has anyone done this? How close are you able to get to the shipwrecks?

The zipline also sounds like it would be a lot of fun. The Loterie Farm website doesn't give any information or pictures on it though. We're a pretty active couple so the higher it goes and more adventurous it is, the more interested we'd be. :)

I've seen a lot of rave reviews for the island tours and we can get on one with Bernard. This seems like a good option to see the island, get some good pictures, and see the beaches. We aren't too hot on shopping though. Is this still a good choice? Does it leave you with enough time to do anything else on the island?

Thanks for any help you can offer!

• 2 weeks later...

Just off our cruise and did the zipline. Had a GREAT time with it. There were 32 obstacles and 9 ziplines. You were never too high up, but high enough to fall and be seriously injured if you didn't have a harness on, lol. Was a lot of fun though, and a nice work out. They take your picture on the first zipline (all of which came out really really nice) One of the highlights for me was the mini tour in the bus on the way to the farm. It was about a 35min drive, and the entire way there and back, our tourguide gave a running commentary about the island that was very interesting. Our trip left at 8:30, and we were back by noon, so we still had the rest of the day to explore front street and go to the beach for a little bit.

So all in all, I'd reccomend the zip line tour. Was def a great experience and a whole lot of fun.

Archived