Will this itinerary work for St.Thomas/St. John?

debcsus

7am 5pm

I've read through the board and with all of the strong recommendations, we are going to St. John's on our own. This is the itinerary that we're shooting for, does it sound feasible?

We're in port 7am-5pm.

Would it be realistic to get off the ship, spend some time in CA, then catch the 9am ferry from CA to St. John's?

Once on St. John's we'll play it a little bit by ear. Definately want to spend time at Trunk Bay, but maybe also go to Cinnamon Bay? Or should we just pick one?

We'll catch the 3:00pm ferry back to St. Thomas (to Red Hook if we've already done the trip from CA) and I'd like to do Paradise Point.

Is this too much? Do we need to come back earlier?

I've read about the $1 rides, but if the taxi's are only $4pp to Red Hook I think we'll just pay the extra to avoid having to figure out directions last minute.

Did I mention we leave on Thursday for this trip? I found out very last minute!!

What ship are you on? Depending on how long it takes your ship to clear the local authorities (and if your ship has to go through US immigration) you probably won't have time to see much of CA before catching the 9am ferry. We raced off our ship and then sped by taxi to catch the 9am ferry from Red Hook and as it was we got to Red Hook just as the ferry was boarding.

Hello,

I agree with wrp that getting off the ship in the am might mean you don't have much time to hang out in CA before catching the ferry... its more likely that you'll just be heading to the ferry.

You can do both Cinnamon & Trunk Bay on St. John, if you like.

Coming back on the 3pm is fine. The ferry to Red Hook from St. John takes about 15-20 minutes, the drive to Havensight about 20 minutes in low traffic, double it to be safe with possiable traffic. So you should get back to Havensight around 4pm. You can do Paradise Point for a little bit before heading back to the ship.

A taxi to Red Hook is not $4 a person it is actually $10 pp.

--Islander

http://www.*****

IMHO:

The primary reason to go to CA is to shop, don't think much will be open from 7-9 AM. Don't think you will be off the ship at 7:00 anyhow, but my advice would be to head to St. John first and return to CA later in the afternoon.

Regarding Trunk Bay vs. Cinnamon Bay, they are close and you could do them both. Both very beautiful beaches but they are similar so there is really no reason to spend time at both.

We've done St John and CA all in one day. If there are 4 of you, you can save $$ by renting a car/jeep at Havensight and taking the car ferry over to St. John. You can then also use the car/jeep to go to CA and back to Havensight. When you calculate all of the taxi and individual ferry fares to St John and CA, car rental is actualy cheaper....

Thanks for the help!

If we do St. John's in the morning, and take the 3pm ferry back to CA, will we have time to do Paradise Point? I'd like to do the ferry to or from CA since I've heard the views are worth it, but I don't mind skipping the town itself if it's just shopping.

How long does it take to get to either place from the pier?

Archived