Body Glove Snorklel & Pawai Bay

Rdwhite1999

Has anyone used Body Glove snorkeling in Kona and if so can you give me your opinions on this excursion? Also if anyone has snorkled at Pawai Bay please share your opinions on this spot for snorkleing. How close are they to where the POH will tender in?

We have done this excursion twice, and we absolutely loved it both times!

Where they go snorkeling is within site of the ship. Being Kona is a tender port, you get off your tender and walk across the pier to where the Body Glove is docked... very convenient! In my opinion, it was a great way to enjoy the day. The snorkeling was good, and the videographer onboard is very friendly and brings up things for you to look at and points things out. His video was a great quality.

Happy cruise planning!

I think the biggest problem with Body Glove is that they go to Pawai instead of Kealakekua. K-bay is superior.

Do a search on the board for "pawai" and you'll get a bunch of hits talking about Body Glove.

Spleen

Thanks for your help Spleen. I read that Capt Zodiac goes to some of the caves and things like that because they are in the 'Zodiac' rafts. Does Body Glove come close to something like that or are they using a larger craft and don't do the caves. Also, my wide doesn't swim, she will paddle around on a board if something like that is available. Do you know if both outfits cater to anything like this??. Again, appreciate all the great advice.

Body Glove uses a large boat, with two decks. They go to a quiet bay and pretty much hang out... you can lay out in the sun, or relax in the shade, or swim in one of their many swim toys, or snorkel. Very relaxing day!

Hope that helps a bit!

Body Glove is a larger boat than Capt. Zodiac, close to same size as Fairwinds. Goes north up the coast from Kona (and leaves from the Kona pier that you come in on from the ship's tender) and goes to Pawai Bay to an area called "Golden Arches" (or did when we did their cruise a few years ago) and offer snuba, snorkel, and scuba.

Fairwinds leaves from Keahou Bay and goes south to Kealakekua Bay, which is a marine preserve and has great fish and is an historic site (death of Capt. Cook, major heiau (temple) of Lono) Also home to a dolphin pod which you may see.

Capt. Zodiac - I THINK leaves from Kona, goes south along the coast, is smaller, rougher ride, goes into the sea caves, etc. along the coast, and also goes into Kealakekua Bay. Has the longest ride of the three to get to the snorkel portion of the program, is the most 'adventure' oriented of the three.

Hope this helps!

Archived