Numero Uno on the Beach?

95glide

:D My wife and I are thinking about booking a room at this guest house/hotel in Ocean View. Has anyone stayed here who can offer any comments? Anything you could tell us about it, we would very much appreciate, such as:

How is the neighborhood where it is located?

Is it close to other restaurants besides Pamela's, which is on sight?

Is it a nice beach? We usually stay at the Inter-Continental in Isla Verde. Is the beach as nice as that?

How are the rooms?

Anything else you can offer, we would like to hear about.

Thanks in advance!

as we did not stay at the hotel..... but ate at Pamelas one night..... Best meal of the whole trip

We took a taxi from our hotel in osj and had to go thru an attended gate to get to this restaurant.... seems the hotel was once a large "beach house" and therefore actually located in a somewhat residential area of pretty nice homes.... mostly vacation type one story condos ? It is right on the beach (seemed pretty nice to me) altho we ate inside... small (very) pool inside a courtyard area....very clean and well kept.

We did speak with another couple staying there and they only had really nice things to say about it.... we would definately consider staying there.

We stayed at El Convento in the heart of OSJ.... remember the taxi ride was about 15 minutes.... not like going all the way back to the airport - maybe halfway. But Caribe Hilton is really not IN Old San Juan. Old San Juan is only about 15 square blocks.

Here are two really good maps to get your bearings of the area....

www.langland.org/cruises/sanjuan.asp

This map gives you a good setup of old San Juan

www.travelmaps.com/SanJuanVicinity.html

This map gives you the area other than Old San Juan with the locations of the Caribe Hilton and Numero Uno as well as other hotels and places.

Was not cheap...but have spent more for a meal that I didnt enjoy near as much ;) You could e-mail them www.numero1guesthouse.com and click on the tropical cuisine bar at the top.

Hope this helps.

How are far is the restaurant from OSJ and Caribe Hilton? Is extremely high priced? Thanks for your help!

From the Caribe Hilton, I would estimate about 2 1/2 to 3 miles. I had a free morning during our last visit and walked down to Ocean Park and Numero Uno. I wasn't pushing it, but it took an hour or just under.

gary

Thanks for the feedback. Still looking for more info. I already booked at the Numero Uno. We usually stay at the big hotels. I need more positive comments so I can feel confident that I'm making the right choice in switching to this small hotel/guest house.

Thanks

Archived