Best Ship for Tweens

KS17

Looking to book our first cruise. Have two boys ages 12 and 10 who love water and watersports. Want the best ship possible as we don't know if and when we'll get to go on another cruise again. We were going to book Freedom of the Seas because of all the hype and the ship looks incredible. However, just found out no water slide. This was a bummer! Do you think we should still book Freedom? Can you recommend any other large ships with awesome amenities? Want to leave from NY, NJ or FL. And we're interested in either Western or Eastern Caribbean.

The waterslides on the Voyager and Radiance classes are ok, but not the waterpark quality that some kids are used to. (my DD prefers the ships version but she is a bit overly cautious when it comes to rides and slides and stuff).

My advice is to evaulate the whole package. All RCCI have the climbing wall and at least a half-court sports court. Most have the mini put-put golfing. Voyager-class have ice skating and roller blading course.

Also check itineraries -- we are not Carribean cruisers so I'm not an expert -- but look for ports where there are kid friendly activities that will interest your kids.

Archived