Day of Departure

bayberrymom

Hi: We are a family of 5 (7 mo, 5 yo, 8 yo) travelling on the NCL Dawn on 8/26. I just found out that the luggage takes a long time to get to the room (someone said that theirs arrived in their cabin at 7 PM). My question is how do you handle this with all of the kids stuff? For example, porta crib, sheets, pjs, diapers, wipes? Do you have to bring everything you need for the day in your carry on luggage?

Any suggestions, info would be appreciated. We are first time cruisers

Oh yes! And we tested this theory when we went to Disney this past year. The same happens when you go to a Walt Disney World Resort...the bags may not show up until 8pm or later. :eek:

So on my next cruise I am not going to risk it. I am packing all of the necessary kid stuff (including PJ's) in a carry on bag.

The dumbest thing I did was not packing swimsuits in the carry on. I had kids who wanted to swim (and one very unhappy toddler) but all of the swimsuits were in the luggage. Never again. :(

Another question, why bring a porta crib and sheets? Doesn't NCL have those? Every other line does. We didn't need a crib when we were on NCL so I don't know. Trying to save you some packing/lugging.

I always pack in our carry-on: swimsuits, extra set of play clothes, change of clothes for dinner, toiletries to shower, and pjs for kids. Also, enough diapers and other supplies to see us through bedtime.

As to the crib, I would consider letting the baby nap either on the bed next to you (being careful of pillows and fluffy bedding of course) for that one afternoon. Or, will he/she nap in the stroller?

I thought most cruise lines had pack-n-play type cribs? (Never cruised NCL). If so, I might consider using their's but I would probably bring my own sheets.

Hope your embarkation is painless, your luggage arrives pronto, and you have a great cruise! :)

Archived