Carnival Glory

Tinkerbell

We will be on the Glory leaving from Port Canaveral. I know I saw somewhere on CC or Carnival.com what times they would like you to book flights to ensure you make it to the ship on time. I have a flight arriving at MCO at 10:40 am and the ship is supposed to leave at 4:00. I thought it was a pretty good time frame.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like a good flight....if it's the day before, and NOT the day of the cruise.

MCO is a long way from Port Canaveral. Depending on the day of the week, time of year, time of day, etc. you can and will be battling phenomena ranging from tourist hordes, gridlocked traffic and road construction to storms and wildfires.

Read the thread below, and the one it references on the RCCL board. You do not want to be the next famous one by 'Pulling a Tinkerbell.'

Have a good trip!

Wendy

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=391501

We have cruised out of Port Canaver 8 times, the last one just getting back on 8/12. There is no construction between Orlando and the port, except for a new bridge being built and that is not a problem because the old one is being used. Although we always arrive in Florida at least a day before I think you should be fine. Are you renting a car or do you other transportation? If renting a car make sure you get an onsite car rental, cars across the street in a garage. Have one get the luggage and one take care of the rental paperwork. We were out of the airport in no time. We have never had a traffic problem on a Saturday, even traveling to the port the day after Charley hit in 2004. You get on the 528 (toll road) and take it straight to the port, about 45 minutes drive time. Rental car return took my husband about 30 minutes at the port.

Archived