Question about 10pm departure

sierra5

We are departing from Charleston S.C. in Oct. aboard the Victory and I was hoping that someone could advise us on what to expect with our 10pm departing time. We are not sure what is the best time to arrive at the port or what activities will be offered that late. Can anyone help :confused: Thank you.:)

We are departing from Charleston S.C. in Oct. aboard the Victory and I was hoping that someone could advise us on what to expect with our 10pm departing time. We are not sure what is the best time to arrive at the port or what activities will be offered that late. Can anyone help :confused: Thank you.:)

I have only been on a cruise with a 10PM departure in San Juan (Destiny). I arrived at around 1:30 and was able to board the ship. I left my carry on in the cabin and explored the ship a bit. Things will be up and running as soon as they let you board...there will be food and music on the Lido Deck for example. At first I thought I would head back off the ship and spend some time in San Juan but since I had been there just 3 months before I decided to opt for the specials in the spa and had a lovely massage. So basically I had a meal, checked out the ship and relaxed in the spa....and all that before the muster drill! It was great!

Oh....the dinner was sort of an open seating in the Dining Room that night. I was given a card with Dining Room and time but no particular table when I boarded. I am not sure if that will be the case for you or not. I did not go to the Dining Room as I was busy on a massage table :) and then a nap in my cabin before the muster drill.

Hopefully someone with Charleston experience will jump in and answer!

Don't know what time you board, but do know that the pier is very close to all the historic downtown activites and areas. Like the aquarium, carriage rides, house tours and Fort Sumter boat launch. Also very nice restaurant area.:)

• 1 month later...

According to the Port of Charleston website they will not be allowing anyone to board until 4:00. I know that sometimes in other ports boarding is allowed earlier than the "official" stated time. Does anyone have any experience with the port of Charleston and their boarding procedure?

If you're on the Oct. 15 Charleston Victory cruise there are 2 roll calls going in the roll call section. One is titled 'Victory in October Roll Call' and the other is 'Carnival Victory 10/16/06' . (Yes, I know the cruise is the 15th. I didn't start the roll call.) Come on over and meet us.

I'm hoping we can board 2-3ish. Maybe someone else will post from their experience.

Archived