Scrapbooking on Radiance

Anyone who has been on the Radiance this summer in Alaska, did you have any scrapbooking workshops?

Just asking because the ships in the Caribbean are having them and want to know if they have any kits.

Thanks,

Christine:confused:

I saw scrapbooking kits on the Freedom last month. They were 12 x 12 and included the album (if I remember correctly, it was a blue striped album with a small window in the front), some paper, lots of stickers and a few other embellishments. I think it was something like $29.99. I didn't buy it because it appeared that you only got one sheet of each piece of paper, and I like to use the same paper on both sides so that they match when you open the book (does that make sense?). There were a few stickers in the kit that said Freedom of the Seas on them, so they were exclusive to the ship.

I saw scrapbooking kits on the Freedom last month. They were 12 x 12 and included the album (if I remember correctly, it was a blue striped album with a small window in the front), some paper, lots of stickers and a few other embellishments. I think it was something like $29.99. I didn't buy it because it appeared that you only got one sheet of each piece of paper, and I like to use the same paper on both sides so that they match when you open the book (does that make sense?). There were a few stickers in the kit that said Freedom of the Seas on them, so they were exclusive to the ship.

Yes--that makes total sense! I too like to use the same paper on both sides. It seems to balance the layout.

There have been occasions, however, when I only had one sheet, or two sheets would have been way too busy. In those cases, I have cut the sheet in half and used part of it on both pages of the layout, adhering the pieces to coordinating cardstock (Bazzill, my favorite). Maybe at the bottom of the pages, or maybe at the bottom on one and at the top on the other. I did this with some Chuck E Cheese papers I had that just didn't look right with the same design on each side because the images weren't mirror images, and it just looked weird.

The album in the Freedom kit sounds pretty. Sometimes I copy the stickers and then paper piece them because I like die cuts and the like better than stickers. Unfortunately, paper piecing takes way too much time.

Wish more scrapbooking cruises were offered! My best friend and I need one in the summer. She's a teacher and that's about the only time she can go.

We were on the Serenade in Alaska 3 weeks ago. There were 2 scheduled scrapbook workshops. My daughter and I tried to go to the first one about 10 minutes early, but there were so many people there was no place to sit so we stayed long enough to get the handout and materials that they were using to compose a page. There were a few sheets of cardstock and about 5 or 6 different die cuts in different shapes. I didn't keep the handout, it appeared to be basic instructions for beginning scrappers. Since we didn't stay I can't tell you if the class was worth attending.

Hi all--was just wondering if the scrapbooking classes allow older kids? My 12 y/o niece would love to go to the class with me. Pretty much all the crops and classes I've been to don't allow kids under 16 unless it's a special kids' night.

Thanks for any info!

I was just on the Enchantment and nobody had their supplies, but they did give your die cuts that included, umbrella, the word cruise and beach, some shells, fishes and footprints, and in one they gave the crown and anchor for RCI.

They had on hand, scissors, pattern scissors, punches of numerous things, stick glue, extra card stock and just let you do your stuff. They had already made examples and it was not a real class but just gave you time to use their stuff and make a page.

It was relaxing and was held after we left Key West, during the stop in Cozumel (we were 4 ladies and my DH) and on the sea day.

Got some nice die cuts, but never saw the kits in the photo shop. So if anyone goes on the Enchantment soon let me know if they still have them, I have a friend going in September who can pick me up a set.

Thanks,

Christine, there's a store in Skagway called SOS (Skagway Outlet Store). It's on the RCI shopping guide. I bought a nice Alaska scrapbooking kit there, for a pretty reasonable price (I believe it was under $10). You might want to check that out. Assuming that you're going to Alaska, of course ... since you're on the Pac Coastal Repo with me in September. :) ~ Lorna

It's nice to see so many other scrapbookers on line! I can't even imagine trying to take our supplies along as well:eek: We haven't been on any cruises that have offered the classes or kits, so I'm curious to see if there will be anything on our upcoming cruise aboard Jewel. It would be nice to be able to buy specific die-cuts or stickers unique to Royal Caribbean or the ship. It's getting hard to be creative using the same ones all the time!

Lorna, We are cruising Alaska first and then the Pacific Coastal. Thanks on the shop in Skagway.

Never done scrapbooking cruise. Normally take a class or go to local story that has Girl's Night Out party on Friday.

Thanks,

Chris

Chicago...I'm with you. I'd love a different album. Of course, I guess it depends on whether I'd be able to get extra pages either on board or at home. DH and I (yes...He scrapbooks with me! He does all the cutting!) are still working on our Grandeur repo cruise from last Thanksgiving, but it's looking like we'll actually have to do that one in 2 albums!

Have any of you guys done the CKU Cruises through Creating Keepsakes magazine? You can go with Becky Higgins or Lisa Bearnson...although I think it's through Costa Cruises.

If they've got a 12x12 album in the pack...it's coming home with me, that's for sure.

chicago--I'd love to do one of the CKU cruises...the timing is usually bad for me and my scrapbooking buddy. We really need a summer cruise, and it seems they are always offered during the school year instead. My friend is a teacher, and she can't really take off that long for this type of thing.

My friend and I and our families are sailing on Sovereign a week from today and we're taking our basic supplies, about 20 pictures each, and some cardstock and stickers. We plan our basic layouts ahead of time to allow us to cut back on the amount of stuff we're hauling with us (for example, we cut out our lettering and die cuts, etc. before we leave--so we don't have to carry punches, die cuts and machines).

She lives in Ohio and I live in Arkansas, so we don't have many opportunities to scrap together and have to take them wherever we can get them. It's definitely worth it to us, and just being able to work on a layout or two is a great way to spend a couple of hours on a sea day or when one of her daughters is napping.

I'm too am thrilled to see so many scrapbookers speaking up and hope to see more and more threads on this subject! :D

Lorna, We are cruising Alaska first and then the Pacific Coastal. Thanks on the shop in Skagway.

A little OT, but the other bargain at SOS are shirts with that UV dealie that makes colors come out in the sun (like the Del Sol products). SOS has a bunch of these (particularly kids shirts) for waaaaaaay less than Del Sol. I wish I'd known that before I stocked up at Del Sol. I ended up bringing a lot of them home for the kiddies.

Chris, would you mind picking up another Alaska scrapbooking kit at SOS for me? I'll pay you at the M&M for the Pac Coastal or I can send you the $ in advance. I'd like to give one to my Mom and have been kicking myself for not buying 2, when I was there last year. You can email me at aladylawyer @ hotmail . com (but run it all together). Thanks!!! :D ~ Lorna

Okay Chicago,

what is TwoPeasinabucket? is it a site and what does it have on it?

Thanks,

www.TwoPeasInABucket.com -- it's an online scrapbook gallery...people upload their layouts...whenever I'm feeling unmotivated or uncrafty, I go and steal other people's ideas. :) they'll never see my scrapbook, so it's not like it matters.

Definitely check it out...and on the left hand side click Peanut Gallery.

Definitely off topic, but are any of you folks on TwoPeasinabucket? I'd love to see any cruise layouts you've done... :)

On there I'm ChicagoJayhawk but haven't posted any LO's in nearly a year.

Actually, I haven't done any layouts yet that have cruise or tropical themes...BUT I have plenty of beach/cruise/tropical stickers and die cuts that I've bought "because I might need them later."

I think I collect scrapbook supplies instead of buying them to use.:eek:

I'm going to Two Peas to see if I can find any of your work. I'm very bad at completing my pages up to the journaling and then telling myself I'll finish that later, and then months later, the pages still aren't finished. Just like my cross stitch pieces I used to do. :) Because of my journaling procrastination, I don't think I have any that are post-ready!

Archived