Spirit televisions in cabins

donnysmom

Yep. The TV's are 12" & on the highest shelf. We had a balcony. You can easily see the TV from anywhere in the room. For a small child probably sitting on the bed is a good bet. If you have a suite those TV's are hugh & more than one.:)

To me if you are on a cruise, why would you want to weven watch tv?

Mush:

Believe it or not, people do watch TV on cruises and this is evident by the recent reviews on the boards and the critiscism NCL has taken about TVs in comparison to other cruise lines. I do not understand why the TVs were not upgraded during the last refurbishment of the Spirit during its time in dry dock.

I turn on the TV usually before bedding down to watch the highlights of the days activities or upcoming events. My wife enjoys relaxing after returning from port or on sea days relaxing in the cabin and watching a movie. RCI allows you to order room service and even play games. Some cruisers bring children with them and they also like to watch TV. Do you have a favorite team? ESPN provides scores and because NCL does not provide free newspapers, people watch CNN to see what is happening in the world.

You would be surprised how busy some of our lives are at home and do not have a chance to watch a movie once in awhile.

So, I believe there is a need for TVs on a cruise and in this competitive cruise market, you must keep up with the competition.

On my recent cruise with my daughter who had a fabulous cruise on Adventure of the Seas, she pointed out the comparisons (positive and negative) between the two cruise lines. She made a good case for RCI and after 3 straight cruises on NCL I will be giving RCI a try next summer. The Spirit (although a beautiful ship) lacked many amenities of other cruise lines and their newer ships...TVs being one (and I was in a suite!).

Don

Archived