Tahitian Princess formal nights

Hockeyshot

We just returned from 2 b2b cruises on the Tahitian. First cruise was around the Cook islands and the second too us back to Hawaii.

On the first cruise there were a lot of first time cruisers and honeymooners. Everyone tended to dress quite nice. But the dress was from long formal gowns to a lot of short cocktail type dresses to just nice dresses. For men it was suits, tuxes and slacks and nice sports jackets. Really all over the place.

Second cruise there was a much bigger cross section of ages of the cruisers on board. Quite a few more people who had cruised quite a bit more and definitely not as young a group. A lot of people in the older group tended to dress much more casually which I was surprised about. So different from most of our other cruises. Could not believe that people even brought jeans to this hot region, let alone wore them to the dining room on many nights (and these were not the young people wearing them).

I wish they really hadn't even had formal nights on these cruises. Really if you decide to not dress as formally on this cruise you will be fine. My husband brought his tux and I had my formal clothes, but I wish I had brought something a little less formal and more comfortable. The glitter just wasn't necessary for Tahiti.

Have a wonderful cruise. You will love the ship. Be sure and stop in and say hi to Nikki and Gail in the jewelry shop. They are both so nice and fun to talk to.

Hulagirl

Ditto what Hulagirl said (Hi Hulagirl!)--wide range of formal, no glitz necessary. I had a very formal gown and was definitely one of the most dressed up people onboard. There were definitely less tuxes than suits. I also couldn't believe anyone would bring jeans to Tahiti, but they did, and they wore them to the dining room on casual nights. Not a lot of people, but a few.

Archived