Deciding which cruise line- Itinerary

Rob_Jen

Hello,

We have been on 6 cruises. 4 RCCL, 1 Princess, 1 Carnival.

We liiked them all except the Princess (not for us).

We now have a daughter that will be 22 months old in November when we are plannign our next cruise. We are planning on bringing my father along as well(he has been on 15 cruises).

We are stuck deciding on which cruise, cruiseline to take this year.

Choices:

RCCL - Serenade Of The Seas - Souther Carribean - San Juan, St. THomas, St. MAarten, Antigua, St. Lucia and Barbados.

Carnival Valor - Florida, Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Roatan Honduras, and Belize.

We have been to all of these Islands except for Roatan and Belize. But the Southern Islands are nicer IMO. Our last cruise went to Grand Cayman and Cozumel as well.

The new kicker is our daughter. I dont think she will be a problem on the cruise since we take her everwhere now including long boat trips on our boat. She likes the beach as well.

Any recomendations? Maybe another crusie we didn't think of?

I'm not sure what RCCL policy is, but I know on Carnival you must be 2 the day you board to use the camp. Is there any chance of postponing until just after your DD's 2nd birthday? We picked Carnival solely because of their camp policies. We took our DD on our first cruise when she was 25 months. (The child does not have to be potty trained, and the camp staff will change diapers - you just bring a supply, and leave them with them). She had a blast, we had a great time, and we were converted to cruise addicts! We always bring the kids with us when we're in port, but it is so nice to have a drink (in a BAR!) after dinner, knowing they are happy and knowing we are not paying a sitter. Same goes for sea days - I have rediscovered reading by the pool!

I think you would have an enhanced experience if she were old enough to use the camp. That's not to say you won't have a great time if she's too young on whatever line you choose, but I think both of you would enjoy the cruise a bit more if she could take advantage of the kid's facility and activities.

Whatever you decide, have a really great cruise!:)

While she wouldn't be able to use the kids program on RCCL, RCCL does offer in cabin babysitting at night plus a daily Aquatots program, sort of like a one hour playgroup session, which you and your daughter might like to do.

We did look into the camp programs and RCCL is 3 and Carnival is 2. Even though a little time alone would be good I have to use my vacation time this year or loose it. Thats why we are aiming for November/December. Last year we ended up going to Florida and going to Disney. It was more for us then our daughter. We had a good time but I dont want to go back there until she is older and understands it better.

My father will be coming with us as well adn he said he would watch her some times. There is the in room baby sitting as well.

Decisions decisions decisions.

Any other ideas besides a cruise? We thoguht about "Beaches" resorts but thats going to cost the same as 2 cruises.

Archived