Gifts & Gear

My cruise is all paid for. Departing from Bayonne on the Explorer of the Seas on Oct 20 this year. My Question: I want to surprise my wife with some goodies in the stateroom. If I order now do I pay now or do they put it on my shipboard account.?

My cruise is all paid for. Departing from Bayonne on the Explorer of the Seas on Oct 20 this year. My Question: I want to surprise my wife with some goodies in the stateroom. If I order now do I pay now or do they put it on my shipboard account.?

You order and pay now.

Mike

Answer Yes you do pay at time of order

If you do order from Gifts and Gear make sure to take your confirmation invioce or e mail reply with you. On our cruise this year I ordered and paid for a bottle of bubbly to be in our cabin when we arrived, sadly it did not arrive. The head of housekeeping was very keen to rectify the matter but he insisted that I produce something in writing. I did not print off my order at the time but fortunately I did print the e mail reply and I only stuck it in my bag at the last minute before I left home. I must say that they were extremely helpful. He would not hear of me taking it down to reception myself instead he sent the cabin steward up for it and the bubbly was delivered immediately, but if I did not have that piece of paper....... The year before it was our friends Ruby Wedding anniversary and we went with them and the things we ordered for them were in their cabin when they arrived and they were so delighted, so perhaps we were just unlucky.

On the Splendour in April my sweetie spurised me with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries for sail away...it was wonderful, a huge plate fo strawberries (about 9 ) and chilled Champagne...:D

Last week on the Serenade I decided to return the favor and ordered (well in advance) the Champagne and strawberries for sweetie and the non-alcohol bubbley and strawberries for the children as well as a cake for my youngest's birthday...what a dissappointment...1/2 iced luke warm bottles and 2 plates with 4 very small strawberries on each:mad: ...(I dont even know who to complain to aboutGifts and gear...so I just let it go...:( )

The cake was very delicous tho!!!:D

If you wait until the last day, you can order the gifts so your wife will not see any charges till the next statement after the cruise.

GUIDELINES FOR ORDERING

Weekday Departures (Tues. - Fri.)

Cutoff: 7:00 p.m. EST the day before sailing

Weekend Departures (Sat. - Mon.)

Cutoff: 7:00 p.m. EST the Friday before sailing

European Departures

Cutoff: Three business days prior to sailing s till the next card statement.

Archived