Dawn AB Penthouse "Children's Bedroom"

nycdannyboy

I am booked on a July 2007 Bermuda cruise on the NCL Dawn. We are taking my parents so they can spend some time with our (then) 3 year-old son. We decided to book an AB Penthouse (11510). My question is - how big is the 2nd bedroom? My parents say they want to sleep there, but I'm not sure if it will be comfortable. And, where would we put a roll-away bed for our son? Is that area you can create between the master bedroom and the master bath big enough for that? Thanks!

Don't know where a rollaway is supposed to fit in the AB, so can't help there. IMHO the area between master bed and master bath is not big enough.

The 2nd bedroom has a double bed (folds out). There is also a pull-down bed at a ninety degree angle above the double bed.

347795%3A%3C5%7Ffp58%3Dwp%3E234%3B%3D%3B28%3D529%3DXROQDF%3E2323968%3B4%3C778wp1lsiHere is a picture of the small bedroom. This is the Star, but the AB's are identical. My teenage daughters slept in here and had enough room. I hope your parents get to pay the cheaper rate because you will be getting a MUCH better bedroom and bathroom!!

You could fit a rollaway in either the living area or the master bathroom. Otherwise, he could sleep in the top bunk. Are you allowed to have 5 in this cabin?

The only place your parents could sleep is the second bedroom unless you want to give up the master ;) They will need to share a double bed or climb a latter to the bunk. Closet space is very limited in the second bedroom so they will need some of your closet space. Not sure you want a 3 yo in a top bunk in a strange place.

Roll away is a problem. It would fit in the living room but I believe what they end up doing is taking the sofa out to make room.

A couple options. I love the AB but it is going to be a bit awkward. Think about a couple of adjoining AFs. You give up the perks but everyone sleeps comfortably or even an AF and an inside.

Another option is pack one of those inflatable beds. You could put that at the foot of your bed. This would leave the living room and balcony for the adults at night. You could put it in the living room some nights for adult time in the master suite.

Enjoy what ever you decide

girlsroom2.jpg

We're paying for my parents but I still feel guilty! At first we were on a cruise on The Spirit with an AC Penthouse connected to an Oceanview Stateroom, which I felt was more ideal, now we're all is ONE big room (and, yes, 5 are allowed). Thanks for the photo, not sure if our son will be old enough to sleep in a bunk-type bed... maybe I can bring some sort of bed mesh-rail thing?

Really like the idea of the inflatable bed as my parents go to bed semi-early and we'd like to stay up this time (went on a cruise to Alaska last month and had to be "in bed" by 9-ish every night as son was sleeping. If we had the inflatable bed (which might even fit under our bed inflated?) my parents could put our son to bed in our room when we went out, they could have the suite to themselves and close the door to the master bedroom, then we could sneak into our bed when we got in but not have to sleep in the same bed with him... hmm, I like it! Thought about giving up the suite but like the perks the AB gives you too much!

We're paying for my parents but I still feel guilty! At first we were on a cruise on The Spirit with an AC Penthouse connected to an Oceanview Stateroom, which I felt was more ideal, now we're all is ONE big room (and, yes, 5 are allowed). Thanks for the photo, not sure if our son will be old enough to sleep in a bunk-type bed... maybe I can bring some sort of bed mesh-rail thing?

Check out all the photos on the link below. Perhaps the best overview of an AB

http://www.orcatekweb.com/Cabin-11550.htm

I agree with Shoreguy. Love the idea of an inflateable bed (Aero Bed), single size. That would probably fit under the master bed or be able to stand up against the wall in the Master bedroom. It could also fit in the living room if the coffee table is removed. The Door to the "Children's" room is separate and will shut off that room from the entry, giving your parents some privacy. Let us know what you do and how it works out, please

We are traveling with my DD and son in law and their two girls in Nov on the spirit. We booked and AC and they have the adjoining BB. We will take one of the kids and they the other, but we may not sleep that way. They will most likely have both kids with them. One 4 and one 1. DD has a great little blow up bed for the three year old just her size and it would fit under the bed during the daytime. It is smaller than a twin areo bed. I'll try to find out where she got it. We used it at a house we rented in FL and she loved having her own special pink bed. Hope you all have a great time and grandparents really get to enjoy the grandchild.

Another option could be NCL's family plan discount for immediate family travelling with you.

If you book a suite, you can get 50% discount on an inside cabin. That may be about the same price if you drop down from an AB suite to a lower suite level and book a nearby inside cabin for your parents. That would give your parents more room and would probably be more comfortable.

Check out all the photos on the link below. Perhaps the best overview of an AB

http://www.orcatekweb.com/Cabin-11550.htm

Thank you for the link; we have an AB booked for the Pearl TA and the link gives us a great idea of what to expect. I'll be in the children's bedroom and I'm just wondering how comfortable that sofa bed is. I think I might have to request one of those foam pads for it :)

Thank you for the link; we have an AB booked for the Pearl TA and the link gives us a great idea of what to expect. I'll be in the children's bedroom and I'm just wondering how comfortable that sofa bed is. I think I might have to request one of those foam pads for it :)

My adult son slept on it, No complaints. In fact he said it was more comfortable the the lightly padded sofa in the living room.

Archived