Alcohol on Pacific Star?

*Blonde*

Hi everyone,

My partner and I are getting married in January 2008 and want to go on a cruise for our honeymoon. At this stage we are thinking of going on R805 Summer Daydream -departing Auckland 29 January 2008. But we may change to a Pacific Dawn cruise if they have one leaving around the same date.

After reading the P&O conditions I see you cannot take alcohol on board, but I noticed that they have Duty Free shop(s) onboard, so I am wondering if you are able to buy booze from the shops onboard to have in your room, or can you only buy alcohol from the bar?

Thanks for your help :)

Hi Blonde,

They have a zero tolerance on alcohol. You are not allowed to take alcohol of any sort on board. Bags are x-rayed and any found is confiscated and returned at the end of the cruise.

Also, any duty-free bought will not be delivered to your cabin until the end of the cruise.

Anyone found to be midly intoxicated will be 'carded', i.e have their cruise card stopped and be unable to buy any more booze until they have requested a 'pardon'...

:rolleyes:

Have a fun honeymoon.

Kath

Hi Blonde,

They have a zero tolerance on alcohol. You are not allowed to take alcohol of any sort on board. Bags are x-rayed and any found is confiscated and returned at the end of the cruise.

Also, any duty-free bought will not be delivered to your cabin until the end of the cruise.

Anyone found to be midly intoxicated will be 'carded', i.e have their cruise card stopped and be unable to buy any more booze until they have requested a 'pardon'...

:rolleyes:

Have a fun honeymoon.

Kath

I didn't know they did that, stop passengers cruise card. Do they only do that if it looks like you are disturbing other passengers and being silly? So it's ok to have drinks, so long as you do the right thing?:confused:

Yeah, they do...and too liberally in my opinion. It happened with our party...and with a friend who went on the cruise...

On our cruise 3 lady pensioners got 'carded'! They were just having fun from what I could see...maybe laughing too loud...but good luck to them I say....I hope I'm as full of fun when I am that age!

I know about the Brimble case, but it's a holiday...we need to have fun too...

I didn't know they did that, stop passengers cruise card. Do they only do that if it looks like you are disturbing other passengers and being silly? So it's ok to have drinks, so long as you do the right thing?:confused:

They have always had the ability to put a stop on a card so that the card cannot be used to purchase alchol, in fact it's standard on cards for person's under 18. Also, in the past I've seen notes on bars indicating that Person xxxx, Cabin xxx is not to be served alcohol.

In recent times there has been a crackdown on this as a result of the Dianne Brimble case, and they seem to be having zero tolerance for alcohol related incidents.

Kym

Thanks for your replies! My partner and I like to drink but we handle our booze well so I can't see us getting in any trouble! Ha ha makes me feel like a kid again - don't want to get a growling!!

I understand why they are so strict about it but hopefully things will calm down eventually!! It is sad what happened in that case, and many others, but I don't see why the rest of us have to suffer because of it!

Have just got off Pacific Star on Friday 11th August in Auckland. You are not allowed to take any alcohol on board with you. If you buy Duty Free it is put in bond & given to you when you return to port. You could not buy from Duty Free shop on board and have that in your cabin. Same applied if you purchased in Vila or Suva - taken off you & put into bond until end of cruise. The drinks on board were fairly expensive. Glass wine $A6-8, Glass brandy & dry ginger or whisky $5-50 to $6. I think beer was about $6 a can/small bottle. They made a good cappacino for $2-50!

Enjoyed the cruise - but the majority of cruisers were over 65 years old and many in there 80s and I mean many, many of them.

Bronnie

Archived