Roll Call Diamond Princess Nov 25, 2006

GuyInLA

Two male gay friends, (35 and 45) traveling in separate cabins... looking to meet friends to socialize with while onboard. This is a Mexican Riviera cruise doing a roundtrip from LA. Any "family" joining us?

Phew! I thought we'd be the only "ones" onboard. Where are you guys from? We're both from LA... this is my 16th Princess cruise (and, go figure, I'm not overweight) and my exes 3rd. We've both been on the Diamond before and love it... so if you have any questions about the ship, feel free to ask away.

We live in Bakersfield, CA. This is our 16th cruise and our 5th on Princess. We love Princess. We’ve never been on the Diamond before. So far the Star is our favorite. I think we've done the Mexican Riviera six or seven times.

We really enjoy the dance clubs on the ships. Does the Diamond have a good one? How about the mini-suites? We've never had a mini-suite before and we booked one for this cruise.

The "Skywalkers" on the Diamond is nicer than the one on the Star. It's both larger, and it has a balcony off the back so you can step outside for a little air. And the Explorers lounge and Club Fusion become dance clubs on certain nights... after the shows there. But the latest action happens at Skywalkers.

The minisuites are great... (We're in D307 and D308 (I think) across the ship from each other, but still nearby) it really does feel like there are three distinct living spaces, sleeping, living and balcony. There's a full bathtub... the bathroom isn't huge though, but there's a nice sized countertop and shelves above and one long shelf below. Most of the minisuites are on Dolphin (a few are on Emerald) and the balconies on that deck are uncovered, so they're very sunny, but they're not incredibly deep. They're completely fine though. Enough space for a table and two chairs, and a reclining chair. If you don't have a reclining chair when you arrive ask your steward if he can track one down. When you use that with a short table for your feet it's like a chaise lounge.

Thanks for the info. I am so excited to go I just wish the date were closer. Hopefully we can stay in touch and meet while onboard. Thanks again for the info.

Same here... we should exchange email addresses. I just put mine in my profile under the "Biography" section.

I'll remove it from there as soon as I get your email.

This way we can compare notes on "family" we discover that might be joining us.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys! My partner and I will also be onboard. I am 32 and my partner is 40. We live in Las Vegas and like to drive to LA in order to avoid the airport. We usually cruise in May and September, but thought the November cruise might be less crowded. If not, we have booked the Grand Suite just to ensure we have our own peaceful paradise on the aft of the ship. We try to make our vacations as relaxing as possible. :) As far as other "family" on board, I wouldn't worry too much. Our previous Princess cruise was FULL of family. We even met another couple from Vegas. ;)

Hey, KB... I envy your cabin --I had an aft suite on the Diamond on a repositioning and I loved it!

I've sailed Princess many times before as well, so I know we'll find family... but it's sometimes nice to nail down some connections before departure.

I created an AOL screen name so I can leave the address here without fear of getting penis enlargement spam in my REAL account for the rest of my life. Drop me an email at DiamondNov25 at aol dot com. (I'm not sure if this board allows for regular email addresses to be posted, hence the odd formatting).

Also, ASR... feel free to contact me again as well so we can compare notes.

Just FYI... Final payment is due the 11th... don't forget guys! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived