island marketing resort day vs. san francisco beach

davester02

I am looking at both of these excursions and do not see much of a difference and cannot descide. Can anyone give me some feedback that may help. From some other post it looks like the Resort day is at the Reef Club.?

Carvival Truimph 09/02/06

Island Marketing Resort Day and San Francisco Beach is what Island Marketing is using currently. There was another resort that was being used but I think it must be closed. I booked San Francisco Beach through Island Marketing. Can't wait to go. We will be there the second week of September.

• 1 month later...

Donna,

Did you go to San Francisco Beach on your recent cruise (last week)? I have some questions for you about the all-inclusive package, if you don't mind.

I am wondering if the $40 is a good deal. We would only be there part of the day, and aren't big drinkers. We were thinking of going in the morning, maybe having lunch and a couple of drinks. Is there an entrance fee if you don't buy the package? Is there a charge for chairs / umbrellas? Did you happen to see menu or drink prices?

Inquiring minds want to know! We are interested in this beach because a couple in our party prefer to have a beach with a pool. Did you use the pool? Thanks for the info!

Sherryl

Ok, we did an all inclusive with Island Marketing but ended up doing the Reef Club all inclusive. It had pools, a dining room, snack bar and very attentive servers. I would recommend this location to everyone who wants peace and quite and still be able to use the water toys or just lounge on the beach or at the pool. It is located on the same section of beach as San Francisco and Paradise beaches. You can actually walk from one to the next to the next. When we were there it was empty (there was only one ship in port) and it was very relaxing. We took a taxi from the pier and it took about 15 minutes and cost us $20 for 4 of us.

I hope you enjoy your visit to Cozumel. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Donna

Donna, I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I do have some questions. I have been debating about Paradise beach and an all inclusive, I did figure the cost and an all inclusive such as the Reef Club would be a better deal.

Is this something you booked in advance, or can you just go there the day and take part?

I thought Island Marketing was offering the Reef Club?

Also, were there any water activities that children would like? I have a 12 year old and 14 year old.

Thanks in advance.

I booked The Reef Club through Island Marketing. The resort only allows 40 outside guest to use their facilities. Once they hit the 40 mark they won't allow other's in.

The hotel has a lot of construction going on and a couple of the pools were closed but 2 of the pools were open. They have water toys to use but I don't know if your teenagers would find this location much fun. It's more like the adults. I was traveling with a 18, 19 & 23 year olds and they could drink and did kayak for a while but I don't think they would have liked it if they were younger. Maybe San Francisco Beach would be a better place for you. I understand that there is a water pyamid and water trapoline. Like I said in an earlier post they are all on the same beach (Paradise, San Francisco and the Reef Club). This past April we did Playa Mia and there were a lot of younger people there and they were doing beach games that might interest your young travelers. I always enjoy Cozumel and no matter where I have gone I have had a blast!!

Donna,

Did you happen to notice if there is an entrance fee to San Francisco? I don't think we would drink and eat $40 worth each, so I'm thinking it might be a better deal to just go to SF. But I don't know what the prices are, what the fees are (like if they rent the chairs and umbrellas, or if they just want you to pay for food and drink).

We've been to Nachi Coccom before it went private, and we've been to Playa Mia and liked it as well. Just wanting to try something different.

Sherryl

San Francisco beach also cost $40 per person, it's an all inclusive. If you don't want to pay for anything except what you use or eat/drink then you would be better off going to Paradise Beach. To use the water toys I think it's $8 per person. But, it's free to enter and it's on the same beach front as San Francisco and The Reef Club.

I was really considering Paradise,, but it would be about the same, 8.oo for toys, two drinks and tips 10.00, water 5.00 for 2 bottles a meal for 15.00 plus tip ....that is 38.00 right there. I have two kids they's only be 20.00 each at the Reef Club. They are interested in snorkeling and kayaking.

• 3 weeks later...
I booked The Reef Club through Island Marketing. The resort only allows 40 outside guest to use their facilities. Once they hit the 40 mark they won't allow other's in.

The hotel has a lot of construction going on and a couple of the pools were closed but 2 of the pools were open. They have water toys to use but I don't know if your teenagers would find this location much fun. It's more like the adults. I was traveling with a 18, 19 & 23 year olds and they could drink and did kayak for a while but I don't think they would have liked it if they were younger. Maybe San Francisco Beach would be a better place for you. I understand that there is a water pyamid and water trapoline. Like I said in an earlier post they are all on the same beach (Paradise, San Francisco and the Reef Club). This past April we did Playa Mia and there were a lot of younger people there and they were doing beach games that might interest your young travelers. I always enjoy Cozumel and no matter where I have gone I have had a blast!!

i sent an email to the company I am booked with for Reef club. To many rumors about construction and closed pools. I will let you know what they say...they have a San

Fransisco Beach one as well, we might switch over there if allowed with same company.

Plus, regarding the REEF CLUB I have gotten many replies stating kids would be bored silly and this is more for adults to sit and relax in peace.

Donna,

Did you happen to notice if there is an entrance fee to San Francisco? I don't think we would drink and eat $40 worth each, so I'm thinking it might be a better deal to just go to SF. But I don't know what the prices are, what the fees are (like if they rent the chairs and umbrellas, or if they just want you to pay for food and drink).

We've been to Nachi Coccom before it went private, and we've been to Playa Mia and liked it as well. Just wanting to try something different.

Sherryl

Was either place you went to more fun for kiddos? ages 11/13??

>>Was either place you went to more fun for kiddos? ages 11/13??

I think the kids would really like Playa Mia -- there's lots of activities, water toys, a mini zoo, a pool. It's a really large complex and there's something for everyone.

For our group of five in December We've booked two of the San Fransisco Beach Breaks - I did a live chat with the Island Marketing rep and she agreed that if you don't drink much, that the $40 package isn't that great of a deal. So with booking two of our group, we get two reserved beach chairs and umbrellas, and their drinks and lunches but the other three of us can just pay for what we actually eat and drink - which won't be $40 worth. There isn't an admission price - the reservation just guarantees you a spot. I think this is the best deal for us.

All renovations for the Reef Club Resort long ago. There was an issue with scheduled maintenance on the main pool and I will be requesting information so that we can decide if this is for you. I would be happy to move you over to San Fran, however, will update you as soon as I hear back. The Club has 3 pools, of which two were operational. Please let me know where you heard of extensive construction so that I can respond and clear up any missinformation regarding the Reef Club.

I sincerely appreciate your email and will be back in touch shortly.

Just recieved the above email from Island Mrktg. Anybody know if the construction is still active?? I havent heard from the Reef Club yet. thanks!

Archived