Is ESPN or ABC available on the Conquest?

My BW and I are booked on the conquest for the 14th - 21st of Nov. The Iron Bowl (Auburn vs Alabama) is the 20th and was wondering if I need to set the VCR(I will anyway) or will I be able to watch it live in my room or in the sports bar? :confused:

I was just on the Conquest last week as well. An ABC station was available via satellite in the room. I didn’t visit the sports bar. One of the stations on the satellite was a station in Nashville, but I don’t remember which network it was.

I always tape the Iron Bowl even if I’m watching it at home; I think I “accidentally” erased last year’s game…

Roll Tide!

Us Georgia fans are with it...we don't use that old time VCR media any longer. WE TiVo it! :eek:

Actually, I'm a misplaced Yankee, from Pittsburgh, and am only half hearted Georgia fan. (Being down here for 12 years has got me into college football more however.) ;)

I just had to rib ya.

I have seen football, both college and pro, when we would cruise in the fall. Your best bet is in the Sports Bar however.

I would strongly suggest however, thinking about getting a TiVo unit. This way you can put Auburn in as a "wish list" and it will record anything Auburn without even having to find it yourself. (I've got a Steelers wish list, and my hard drive is full of Steelers highlights.)

Im from Ohio and we take the OSU - Michgan game pretty serious....BUT...SEC Football is on an entirely different level. Those folks eat,sleep and breathe football.In SEC Country every third car/truck/van you pass on the highway has some SEC

college emblem or flag waving in the wind.

I hope you get to watch your game.

sorry...I AM from the south....and NO team would keep me from my vacation....

Bama ain't no thang ....go have a good time :)

Yes I will be on vacation but part of my vacation includes fun and doing things I like to do. I am one who enjoys going to or watching on tv pro or college football.

But we are talking the IRON BOWL. Divorces happen over this game, that is how important it is to most people. This isn't for a "W" but a game about pride and bragging rights for the entire year. We could lose every game in the season, but beat Alabama and everyone would say we had a great season. So in my little world this will be a bonus if there are some other AU or Bama fans on board where we can get together and enjoy what we like to do best and that is watch football. Plus we will be at sea that day any way.

I thought my signature would give people a clue of what I enjoy.:rolleyes:

Well, WAR EAGLE my little hide! I live in Auburn (36830) and (patting self on back) my Step-dad has season box seats (na na na na na!) I just HATE driving up all the way to that nasty, run-down, illiterate, seedy, uncultured, trashy, dump in Tuscaloosa, though! I have Rudy Johnson's autograph (about 3 years old), too. We Iron Bowl in great Auburn style every other year, and then have to sit with the commoners of Tuscaloosa on very hard benches in between. Sigh.

Ahhhhhh...this is what college football is all about in the south. You aint heard trash talk, till you've trashed talked with a Southern Football Fan! :p
What til you hear the jokes!!!!

Q. What do you get when you have 32 Alabama fans in the same room?

A. A full set of teeth. :eek:

We are going on the Holiday out of Mobile in November, when we were planning this cruise the best weekend in November would have been the Iron Bowl weekend. But there is no way that we would take a chance on missing the Auburn/Alabama game, so we are going two weeks earlier. And yes I have Tvio, but somethings just must be witnessed when it happens. You don't watch this game unless your with 20 or 30 partying friends that support one or the other schools

Auburn Alumni Class of 1976

DW Auburn Alumni Class of 1986

DD Auburn Alumni Class of 1998

Okay guys! I may be a born and bred Texan -- But, don't mess with my VOLS! We will be at sea when "our Boys" play UGA, so my DH is hoping that the game will be on one of the stations. You are right in SEC country it is religion!

GO VOLS GO!

What til you hear the jokes!!!!

Is this a question or do Auburn fans figure any four letter word will fit at the beginning of a sentence?

If the toothbrush had been invented anywhere else but at Auburn, it would be called a "teethbrush".

Give me a break it was a long day and I didn't spell check my post. So I will correct my error:

Wait til you hear the jokes!!!!

And by the way, why isn't the toothbrush called a teethbrush? Do you not go to brush your teeth and not your tooth? Just a thought. (LOL!)

Archived