Options for family of 4 to get to tampa port from airport

jdb91758

I have read many people say that the best way to get to the ship from that airport is tao take a cab. If you have four people (and all their luggage) is this still a reasonable option. If not - what are my other options??

Thanks

We used the Tampa Bay Shuttle when it was two of us. For four people, I'd expect the taxi to be the cheapest transportation.

I believe there were some mini-van taxis and some station-wagon taxis; you may need one of these if you have too much luggage. (I guess that's what you are questioning in the 1st place; maybe someone who has done this can verify....)

We did a "minivan" taxi. Family of 4 and lots of luggae(we stayed 3 days after the cruise in Tampa) Base fare was $20, I think we wound up giving him about $30 total. I still think it was a great deal - he was very friendly also!

Ted

I only patronize Yellow Cab in/out of Tampa Intl. I'm beginning to think half of their fleet is a Van because as a solo traveler 50% of my travels with them is in a van, and I'm the only passenger. :) I've never had occasion to taxi from the airport to the port but I frequently use them for trips to/from my home/airport. Even if a family needs more than one van to the port it would still be cheaper than an independent or cruise shuttle, which are based upon a per person charge. A family of 7 with luggage would in my view need two vehicles even if one was a Van. There is also United Cab (white cars) at the airport. I personally don't like their service/drivers. One side of the airport has Yellow Cab and the other side is United Cab. At the moment I can’t remember which side is which.

I would definitely opt for a taxi in Tampa.

Tampa is a fabulous port—enjoy your planning and cruise!!

Archived