NYC to Canada - rough waters?

charlikin

Hi everyone! My mother and I are about to book a cruise on the Norwegian Dawn out of NYC to Canada/East Coast for Sept 9th. We're concerned though that sailing up and down the Atlantic will be rough - it's my first cruise (!) and only my mom's second, and we wouldn't like to be seasick!

Does anyone have experience with cruises north out of NY?

Thanks!

charlikin

I have done this cruise a couple of times. I have never had a bad experience going North only South from NYC. The only problem I remember is the fog. At times you may hear the fog horn. You will love this cruise. I am sailing September 2 and I look so forward to it!

We went a couple of years ago and the weather and the waters were beautiful. It is definitely NOT a carribean cruise so be prepared for cooler weather. We went in August and a couple of the mornings it was cool enough for a light jacket. I have one of the ones that fold up and zip into their own pockets. They have them at totes and walmart. You will love this cruise and don't worry. If you are prone to motion sickness and are worried I have read here on the boards the ginger pills work great. You might want to do a search to read some of the threads and get reccomendations on dosages etc.

Have fun!!!!

We had the fog too . . . lots of it. If I remember correctly it wasn't rough but was cool -- we needed sweatshirts (early August).

Taking Bonine as a preventative (don't wait until you NEED it) is a recommendation I have read on the boards. I don't get seasick very often and have taken it a couple of times as needed and it worked well.

Enjoy your cruise . . . :)

Archived