Car rental in Corfu

Are the car rental agencies right at the dock in Corfu? We are looking at renting a jeep. We have three adults and two 11 year olds - will they all fit? Also does anyone know the time that the rental places open? We dock at 9 AM.

Thanks

I have not been to Corfu yet, we are planning to go in October of this year and rent a vehicle as well. I read a posting on these boards last week from someone who had rented a vehicle with Budget Car Rentals, They indicated that Budgets office was right at the dock when they got off the ship. They paid X number of dollars for their rental. They indicated within a 2 - 3 minute walk up the hill they came across other car rentals companies that had the same vehicles for rent for a lower price then what they had paid. I have googled "Corfu Car Rentals" and received a good number of places to rent a car at a very reasonable rate for the day. Hopefully another reader who has been there can confirm what I read and provide us both with some helpful hints.

We rented a car in Corfu this past June. We rented in advance though Budget. The office was on the main road facing the water. ( I think the address was 132 Theotoki Station) we took a cab there which took about 3 minutes and cost 3 euros. We could have walked there in about 20 minutes. There were other car rental places that we saw right in the dock's terminal bldg. that would have been cheaper but we just stuck with what we had pre-arranged for about 60 euros for the day. Ship's time is one hour earlier than Corfu time, at least in June, and when we got to the rental office they said they were wondering where we were since it was 10:00am. It was 9:00am according to ship's time and our watches so keep that in mind when you arrange your pick up time.

We drove across the island to Glyfada beach and spend 6 hours there swimming and relaxing.

KathiB

Archived