Photo Request - Inside Cabin with Extra Bed

Kelsoby

Hi everyone:

I have searched on the internet and cannot find a photo of one of the inside cabins with the extra bunk shown. We sailed on Dawn Princess about 5 years ago, so I am aware of the size and layout of the inside cabins, but I would like to see how it looks with the extra bed made up.

If anyone can post a photo, I would greatly appreciate it. We are sailing on the Sea Princess next (three of us), but any inside cabin photos would do, as I'm sure they are all very similar.

Thank you in advance.

Sorry, don't have any pictures, but just wanted to invite you to join our roll call for this sailing, we have several passengers already for the Dec. 9th Sea Princess cruise. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=234372

Although I don't have a picture of one of the inside cabins, I can tell you this much. The third berth should pull out of the wall for sleeping and it will be put back during the day, unless you request otherwise. In other words, like an upper bunk type bed. So, the layout will be as you remember on the Dawn, just with a pull down bunk type bed from the sidewall. The cabins are the same size, layout wise.

Interesting.. If the bunk bed is pulled off the wall from the side, then why do they have to keep the lower beds separated on Princess????

We were on Jewel of the seas RCI last month in an inside cabin, and the two lower beds were pushed to make a queen size while the bunk bed was up lying along the queen size bed.. the ladder was at the front corner of the bunk bed and didnt cause any problems getting on or off the bed.. Why is it different on Princess? I called them twice and they insist that it will be a bunk and two beds, not a bunk and queen.

The way Princess has the cabins layed out, if the bottom two beds are made into a queen, the person sleeping in the top bunk would have to step on the sleepers below to get down. Bad set up, but that is how it is on most princess ships in a triple and quad cabin. :(

Hi everyone:

I have searched on the internet and cannot find a photo of one of the inside cabins with the extra bunk shown. We sailed on Dawn Princess about 5 years ago, so I am aware of the size and layout of the inside cabins, but I would like to see how it looks with the extra bed made up.

If anyone can post a photo, I would greatly appreciate it. We are sailing on the Sea Princess next (three of us), but any inside cabin photos would do, as I'm sure they are all very similar.

Thank you in advance.

Hi Kelsoby,

Here's a picture of what your looking for. This one is from the Diamond Princess.

Regards,

Tim

I don't know whether to be concerned or not

We are on Sapphire Syd/Auk Feb 4 2007 and have been allocated B703

(Ozzies don't have luxury of self select as it appears it can be done in US)

This cabin is shown on deck plans as being able to accommodate 3rd and 4th occupant (red dot). It is also shown as having adjoining door to B705

We had B259 2 years ago same ship and had no problems (loved it) but with all this talk about beds coming out from walls and inability to convert twin bunks to Queen bed makes me a trifle nervous.

Frankly I don't know why we were allocated this room...unless it was all that was available. Surely there are customers who need this style of accommodation. :confused:

Perhaps we are candidates for an upgrade...B259 would be fine !

:D

I would appreciate some re-assurance from anyone who knows about these cabins...sorry staterooms.

cheers

I don't know whether to be concerned or not

We are on Sapphire Syd/Auk Feb 4 2007 and have been allocated B703

(Ozzies don't have luxury of self select as it appears it can be done in US)

This cabin is shown on deck plans as being able to accommodate 3rd and 4th occupant (red dot). It is also shown as having adjoining door to B705

We had B259 2 years ago same ship and had no problems (loved it) but with all this talk about beds coming out from walls and inability to convert twin bunks to Queen bed makes me a trifle nervous.

Frankly I don't know why we were allocated this room...unless it was all that was available. Surely there are customers who need this style of accommodation. :confused:

Perhaps we are candidates for an upgrade...B259 would be fine !

:D

I would appreciate some re-assurance from anyone who knows about these cabins...sorry staterooms.

cheers

Do you have more than two people staying in this cabin? If there's just the two of you, you can just use the two beds and push them together.

Archived