Are M-Class Sky Deck cabins noisy?

S2az

Nanny

Were you given an explanation for the cause of the noise?

I will be in 9129 in September and PROMISE that I will let you all know if it was loud there.

Oh and I paid for a visit from the upgrade fairy. The Panama portion of the trip will find me in the FV non corner cabin 7204. (I had requested my TA put me on the wait list. She had no clue what I was asking but did anyway. She got a fax offering the cabin to me for a $1000 increase over the CC cabin. )

9038 is our favorite cabin other than 9043. The balcony is larger. You can get the table, 2 chairs, a lounge chair and smaller "cocktail" size table on the deck. Just ask you cabin steward the day you board for a lounge chair. You can rearrange it the way you want but we put the lounge near the sliding door and had no problem. You'll love the ship.

We were on the Summit in 9133. We loved the room and would gladly take it again. We were worried and had read so many disparraging words re. both the noise and the overhang. I am so glad we didn't change our plans. We never heard any noise and the overhang offered us a cover when it rained. The only negative with the overhang is we couldn't look straight up to see the stars but we could look out and see them just fine. In 9133 the overhang indents and so we were not as covered as some rooms. Have a wonderful cruise. Dianne

• 3 weeks later...

My husband and I are going on the Infinity 9/26/04 from Vancouver to Honolulu and our cabin is 9133. I'm glad you liked the room and I think the Infinity and the Summit are identical on their layout. I've been concerned with hearing about the noise on the sky deck so that relieves my anxiety a little. Of course, I don't think the noise would wake me up as much as my husband's snoring.

We'be been on Sky deck on Millie and Summit and are booked on Summit in 9047. We've never had a problem with noise. Of course you occasionally hear a chair now and then but never a major problem. Hope this helps

Hi there,

We cruised to Alaska in June and stayed in stateroom 9162. The veranda was wonderful and it was the only place we heard the chair shuffeling from up above. We never heard any noise inside our stateroom. We enjoyed this stateroom so much it took us 4 days to check out the front part of the ship.

Our neighbors in 9164 did not mention any problems with noise in their stateroom.

We liked the room so much I have booked stateroom 9160 to the Caribbean in April. We selected this cruise over another I had been interested in due to the location of the stateroom on the aft-end of the ship.

I guess I can do the Southern Caribbean another time.

Winnie

Good Morning, We just returned from Alaska on the Infinity. We were in 8176 -- an Aft handicap room. Everything was great, but I must say we could often smell the food and hear the plates and silverware clinking and the restaurant was two floors above us. I am a non-garlic person and one day for lunch there was a very garlicly meal served and that odor started at 11:30 am. At times we could hear the conversations of the diners. I realize this is not a glowing account but for us it is accurate. Next year the Aft cabins are supposed to be Concierge. Was an Aft cabin great...absolutely yes. Have fun and just enjoy it all...we just did and I would go back in a moment -- even with the garlic. Dianne

We just returned from Summit and cabin 9088. Noise level was not too bad. We did hear some chair movement from above, but it was mainly in the mornings. Heard sliding doors open and close in cabins next door only when our sliding door was open. We heard no noise from rooms on either side or hallway. And the bed was very comfortable.

The overhang was not as bad as I had thought it would be. The only problem I really had with it was not being able to look straight up to the sky or not being able to see tops of mountains. And it did keep the rain off our balcony the one day that we had rain.

My husband and I were in cabin 9140 on the Summit in May. We loved the cabin and did not have a problem with noise. It is in between two of the overhangs. We actually booked the cabin again for Alaska. Hope you have a great cruise! Mar

Started a new thread before I saw this one. Duh! ;)

Anyone familiar with 9175 on the M class? Not concerned so much about the noise as I am about the overhang. Anyone have any pictures so I can get an idea of what you are referring to? Also, does it come down low? My husband and I are pretty tall....

We have cruised on Summit twice on Panorama Deck (8) and really liked being away from the overhang. The view seems a lot more "open". We visited friends on the Sky Deck who had no issues with noise so it is probably ok.

On our upcoming Millie cruise we originally took a room on Sky Deck to get the double credit but now X has changed the veranda rooms on 7 & 8 to CC so we changed to Panorama.

The important difference is Alaska vs. Carribbean as warm weather will result in a lot more activity on the pool deck!

[QUOTE]Anyone familiar with 9175 on the M class? Not concerned so much about the noise as I am about the overhang. Anyone have any pictures so I can get an idea of what you are referring to? Also, does it come down low? My husband and I are pretty tall....[/QUOTE]
Not to woory. The overhang is the extension of the deck above. It is higher than your cabin ceiling. All the verandas have the same covers over them, it is just that [B]most[/B] of the Sky's have ones that extend much further out. :)

Archived