Music on Summit

eVader

Along with our tablemates, we wondered (or questioned) why the Summit plays an instrumental version of Celine Dion's Titantic hit. Anyone have an answer or guess?

And when you are sailing from Portsmouth across the Atlantic it is a bit disquieting.

Along with our tablemates, we wondered (or questioned) why the Summit plays an instrumental version of Celine Dion's Titantic hit. Anyone have an answer or guess?

Hi Evader !

I have no idea why they choose to play it, but I do think it is not the best song to play on a Cruise ship. With all the songs out there, you would think they could find something else to play :)

Being an old geezer, it is hard for me to understand why anyone would play what for me, is a truly terrible piece of music. I agree with Host Andy that the theme from "Titanic" is rather inappropriate for cruise music. (kinda goes along with any music from "Posidon Adventure".

I agree with all. In fact I forgot to note on two occassions in the Cosmo - once during rough seas and another when we were manuvering (made a vibration & sound like turning the wheels on a car too sharp), the Titantic theme played.

I noted it in the comment feedback..perhaps they will take notice and remove it from the playlist.

Yes, I have to say that I agree--the song is WAY overplayed...Did you notice that not only was there an instrumental version played on deck but ALSO a whole Titanic montage was in the production show on the Summit...vocals and all!? haha. Having worked as a singer on a cruise ship, we also had to sing that song AND songs from the musical "Titanic"...It became a joke that the ship was doomed by the end. It's definitely not only celebrity doing this...apparently the cruise ship-Titanic connection will live on for a long time...Disturbing huh? :confused:

Archived