should i buy spanx or .....?

motherchic

I recently bought the Assets from Target. I got the shorts, and the capri's. I like the shorts the best. They seem to be made of a stronger material and are not as much like pantyhose. I want to get the spanx too that go up to the bust line to see the difference, and if the Assets are a better deal.

Everything is smoothed out and I even have worn them with pants at work and they lift and smooth out the middle areas!

Thanks everyone for sharing! First time cruiser, and it is so much help!

NCL-Sun from New Orleans 10/15/2006

but no half slips-I do have apair of spanx capris also-I found them at Marshalls for $5.99.

• 1 year later...

I know this is a very old post but it caught my attention. I am a size 10 uk but I have a big belly where I had twins (twice ) . would any of you kind ladies advise me as to what would hold said tummy in . It is large from the bottom of my ribs down and I don't want anything to make rolls at the top. The rest of me is slim and I feel so self consious about my tummy. I go on my first cruise soon and I dont want to have to wear baggy formal dresses. Any advice welcome please.

I bought a pair of Spanx at Filene's Basement for $10 and 2 pairs of Hanes Go Figure from their website for $8 each. We'll see how they do this weekend as we are leaving for our cruise. I'm not taking full length pantyhose, just these. Several friends of mine swear by Spanx so I thought I'd give them a try. The regular price seems a little high; glad I found them at a discount place.

Melissa

Hi monakayk. I have the same sort of situation, several abdominal surgeries and scars running the length of me, with a few coming off the sides. I have found I can wear spanx with the high waist, I think they are the "higher power". They go above the scars, and are comfortable.

I also can't wear pants with zippers or buttons in front, only elastic waist for me now. Actually, an advantage of the spanx is that the waist doesn't end on my waist, which could be painful, it's much higher. Might work for you, as well.

Mona

Archived