Hotel options in Ft. Lauderdale

crazylarry

My wife and I are staying over in Ft. Lauderdale after coming off the Radiance in early November. Does anyone have suggestions on hotels in Ft. Lauderdale that are priced well, airport/port shuttle and clean? Thanks! 75 days and counting...:cool:

We stayed in the Sheraton right by the airport in Ft. Lauderdale last year. They were priced really well and provided a shuttle to and from the airport for free (except a tip to the driver). The hotel is really nice - has a pool, bar and restaurant. The rooms were really nice as well - and the Sheraton is known for their comfy beds!

It is hard to beat the Embassy suites. The room price includes breakfast and free happy hour if you can get to the hotel before 7pm the day before your cruise. You could walk to the port, but there is a free shuttle.

I stayed at the new Courtyard right next to the airport. It was clean and functional. I'm not sure about a port shuttle, however, as my cruise left from Miami.

The Courtyard was just recommended to me by a friend that lives in FLL, but I went with the Ramada instead because it was cheaper, and we'll only be there for about 7 hours.

The Courtyard was just recommended to me by a friend that lives in FLL, but I went with the Ramada instead because it was cheaper, and we'll only be there for about 7 hours.

That makes perfect sense. The Courtyard is a tad more expensive I believe, but my dad had loads of Mariott rewards points so it didn't really matter.

My vote is for the Embassy Suites! The shuttle from the airport and to the ship is great. Breakfast was great too. We stayed at the Hampton Inn once too and it was nice but if we go again it'll be Embassy for us.

We LOVED the hyattpier 66. We had a balcony that over looked the port and we watched the enchantment docking as it pulled into port at about 6:30 AM from our balcony.. beautiful..and the most comfortable beds I ever slept on.. the pool exquisite and a 40 person hot tub also on premises... WOW we will definately stay there again next sailing out of lauderdale.

Katbid10, I would cancel your reservation at the Ramada Inn immediately. Unless there has been a drastic change in the past year it was a DUMP. There are so many better choices. Holiday Inn Express on 17th is a budget place but very nice, newer, clean rooms and in a safe area.

Other good choices but may cost more are Embassy Suites and Pier 66. Holiday Inn Express and Embassy Suites include breakfast too. The Ramada Inn may be the worst place I ever stayed in!

We just booked the Ramada (Cruisport) for our January cruise. We got a great rate of $88, for being Entertainment Book members. They have complementary shuttle to/from airport and pier.

NO, NO, NO :eek:

Stay far away from this property. It's a nasty hotel in a nasty location.

Kathy, check the big Fort Lauderdale thread started by hockey chic. It should be on the first page. Holiday Inn Express is fine, check out the one on SR84 too. Area isn't the greatest, but hotel is new and close to airport and pier.

Archived