CB Crowden - End of August?

evert9

Just curious if we are able to tell how full the ship will be for our cruise next week. Any insight to how full they are at the end of the summer? I'm afraid it will be crowded as school will begin the week after. I just hope that there aren't too many kids.

Well, we are braving it on August 19th, which is two days after our school begins here in the midwest. Now, North, they don't start school until September. School begins in different parts of the counrty at different times.

What is the date of your sailing?

What is the date of your sailing?

Hey, we'll be on board at the same time! We're on the August 19th sailing too. I can't wait. I've actually never done a 7 day sailing before so I'm a bit nervous about that. We have an outside cabin now and are hoping to upgrade once onboard.

FYI Alert:eek::eek::eek:

If you call Princess and provide them yuor booking number they can give you a kid count broken down into groups infants, children, and teens. If the agent says he can not tell them to ask there superviser because they gave it to you in the past. You sometimes will encounter agents that dont know that they can give you kid counts but sometimes they can give you pass. count as well.

Paul

Hey, we'll be on board at the same time! We're on the August 19th sailing too. I can't wait. I've actually never done a 7 day sailing before so I'm a bit nervous about that. We have an outside cabin now and are hoping to upgrade once onboard.

OK, I am going to be the barer of bad tidings here. First of all, Princess normally doesn't do upgrades once onboard ship, they do free upgrades several weeks before the cruise and you should either be contacted by your TA or you can check the Personalizer to see if your cabin number has changed. No way to get yourself one, it is just pure luck.

Secondly, did you know that our ship is showing 'sold out'? Not a cabin to be had in any category the last week or so?

Now, I have given you the bad news and now for the good news.

We too are not used to taking 7 day cruises, every couple of years we will jump on one just to get out of this heat. Also, we are not traveling with children. (thought that would put a smile on your face). :)

Secondly, did you know that our ship is showing 'sold out'? Not a cabin to be had in any category the last week or so?

Now, I have given you the bad news and now for the good news.

We too are not used to taking 7 day cruises, every couple of years we will jump on one just to get out of this heat. Also, we are not traveling with children. (thought that would put a smile on your face). :)

I did read that in the roll call - OUCH! Oh well, we'll still have a blast. That just means I'll have to plan better.

Yeah for couples!! While we are planning to have a family next year, I prefer couples time while I still have it :).

You know, I am in the travel industry and never knew that about Princess in regards to upgrades. However, I'm in management and don't work on the front lines so I don't pay attention to those details either. Oh well. We were given this cruise for free so I'm just one lucky gal to even be going on it!

Hopefully we can meet!

You may be lucky and be on a ship filled with well behaved kids. In that case, your cruise will be a pleasant one. The CB does attract families with kids at that time. We did a 10 day Panama Canal trip with less than 20 kids, 4 of whom were awful! Felt like a thousand kids that week. Everytime I turned around, there they were, causing a problem. You should be fine. Enjoy your trip.

We sailed on the CB in March during spring break. There were quite a few kids on board and we were a little nerouvs about it. However, I have to say, they were a very well behaved group of kids and the yellow shirted youth patrol were always very obvious and did a GREAT job with kid crowd control.

Kay

I did read that in the roll call - OUCH! Oh well, we'll still have a blast. That just means I'll have to plan better.

Yeah for couples!! While we are planning to have a family next year, I prefer couples time while I still have it :).

You know, I am in the travel industry and never knew that about Princess in regards to upgrades. However, I'm in management and don't work on the front lines so I don't pay attention to those details either. Oh well. We were given this cruise for free so I'm just one lucky gal to even be going on it!

Hopefully we can meet!

Look at it this way. No matter which cabin you end up in, the price was definitely right for this one. LOL

See you at the roll call meeting onboard!

Look at it this way. No matter which cabin you end up in, the price was definitely right for this one. LOL

See you at the roll call meeting onboard!

You've got that right -no complaints here. I'm just ready to get onboard!

Archived