Anyone Use Laundry Services Onboard?

evert9

My only warning is that the Crown washers may be the slowest washers ever invented. For some reason, when it did the rinse cycle, the water just kinda trickled its way in, probably took somewhere around 20 minutes or more to fill the tub on the rinse. Just couldn't believe it. Don't know if it was just the one room, but it was both washers in the room.

Weird - we used the self-service laundry last week on the Crown (Deck 8) on a sea day and had no problem. $1.00 to wash, $1.00 to dry, and I think $1.00 for detergent.

Funny part was, we were on Caribe, Deck 10, and went down to deck 9 to use the laundry - there was a very angry rude woman who followed us in to the room yelling to say she was waiting for a free machine, as they were all in use, and we better not get in before her. We left, walked down to deck 8, which had a larger room with more machines and none were in use! Would have gone up to tell her, but....:D

Special laundry hint:

1. Look at your cruise schedule.

2. Look at how much you packed.

3. Decide when the perfect day and time to do laundry will be.

4. Then realize that 1500 other people will make the same decision you do, and that that's the time people will be standing in line waiting for washers and dryers.

In other words, find a really dumb time to do laundry, and you may get the room to yourself. First thing in the morning makes sense to me, though I confess I never got up to confirm that theory!

I always send three of four of DH's shirts out to be cleaned during the cruise ...they do a great job ....out one day, back the next...$3.00 per ...on hangers and neatly pressed ....just give them to your room steward or leave them on the bed with a laundry tag (on shelf in closet) ....you are on vacation!;)

I used the washer and dryer on the Grand and Island Princess. Worked out well, but I recommend getting up early if you want to avoid nasty people. My friend said she heard people fighing in the wash room on the Island Princess, because if youre not there to unload your wash someone will just take out your laundry and put theirs in. So go early in the morning, no one around.

I used the washer and dryer on the Grand and Island Princess. Worked out well, but I recommend getting up early if you want to avoid nasty people. My friend said she heard people fighing in the wash room on the Island Princess, because if youre not there to unload your wash someone will just take out your laundry and put theirs in. So go early in the morning, no one around.

Just how my wife and I want to spend our cruise vacation, scheduling the time to do our laundry so that we can avoid nasty people.:rolleyes: One of our tablemates on Dawn Princess had a similarly unpleasant encounter. I'd rather take advantage of the ship's laundry and pay to have it done. I think I understand one reason RCI doesn't have self-service laundries. :)

Archived