Summit CC 9038 Veranda

richsea

We just booked the Summit repo cruise out of LA next May 12. Stateroom 9038 shows a larger veranda due to its location(foreward starboard at hte "jog"). Can anyone tell me how much larger the veranda is & is your privacy compromised? Is there enough room for additional furniture?

This will be our first cruise to Alaska & we are really looking forward to it!

Thanks for any info.

Rich

I had that cabin on the Connie eastbound t/a a few months ago and absolutely loved it. I would say the square footage is roughly equal to 1 1/2 times the size of the regular balconies. The only time other people can see you is if you go out to the railing which provides a terrific view of the ocean below and the entire length of the ship. I've heard that you can ask for lounge chairs to replace the typical patio chairs but we just kept the 2 regular chairs and the table. We entertained a few friends on the balcony one night and it was pretty comfortable for 3-4 people. Enjoy it!

We just booked the Summit repo cruise out of LA next May 12. Stateroom 9038 shows a larger veranda due to its location(foreward starboard at hte "jog"). Can anyone tell me how much larger the veranda is & is your privacy compromised? Is there enough room for additional furniture?

This will be our first cruise to Alaska & we are really looking forward to it!

Thanks for any info.

Rich

Rich,

I've just come from an equivalent room on the Infinity. Freshjive has the proportions right -- the balcony is half again as large as the others because of the angle. As for the extra furniture, they tried to bring in a lounger for us, but it wouldn't fit through the stateroom door. Believe me, they tried!

As for the privacy, when you are at the railing, everyone aft can look straight at you. It can be a nice conversation starter if you are in the mood. If not, just stay back along everyone else's line, and nobody will see you.

The main perk of that room was the extra view from the rail -- I was able to look aft, side, and forward (with a little neck craning). We loved the room, and I recommend it highly, even if you don't get the lounge chair.

Enjoy,

quahog8

Thanks so much for the info. As for the privacy, I guess since it's Alaska, it probably will be too cold to spend much time at the rail in my skivvies anyway!;) Sounds like a great cabin.

Thanks again.

Rich

Rich:

We had that exact room on Summit in May this year and I loved it; however, there was a high-pitched squeal coming in from the space across the hall. The ship's engineer came up and said there was nothing to be done so we were moved to another cabin after one night. Take ear plugs and enjoy the balcony - it's wonderful!

K

Archived