Empress Deck on Ecstasy?

lady in tx

Hello! Cruising for the first time and I booked a inside stateroom on the empress deck and wanted to know if that I made a good choice or not??

(is it noisy, quiet, okay....)

Would like to hear from ppl who has stayed on this deck. ;) Thanks in advance.

That depends where you room is located... you might want to give a hint if you want help, you can give a general area without giving out room number if you are too paranoid.

We turned down a 6D upgrade on the Empress for a 6C room on the Upper deck because on a Fantasy class ship, the Upper deck has rooms above and below, the Empress deck has public deck above, and depending upon where you room is - has potential for some noise.

my room is E109. I hope that helps!

You are directly below the Windstar dining room, they used that one on our cruise for the breakfasts and lunch. You are under tables and it is carpeted, so I am not sure how much noise gets through. You really should be OK, as they do not wheel heavy carts or anything through that area. There will be traffic in the a.m. for breakfast prep, I am just unsure how much noise really gets through with carpeted foot traffic, but I doubt it would be much.

We were in E219 and had no problems with noise. E deck is very convenient. One deck up to dining rooms. Down the corridor to the atrium, two decks up to lots of bars and entertainment, and three decks up to the ice cream machine.

We were in E-200. Great room location. Close to elevators, also. No noise was heard from above.

Oops. We were in E-200 on Elation, but I think it is the same on Ecstasy. U-100 was our room on Ecstasy.

We just got back from the Ecstasy. Our groups had 9 different cabins on the Empress deck(we had 148). It was not loud, or noisey at all. We loved being on the Empress deck and being located on the same floor as the grand atrium area. We had no complaints from anyone on our group either.

I was in Room E 216 which was below one of the dining rooms, I didn't find it noisy at all. It is a good location, you are close to all the activities and low enough where you don't feel a lot of motion. Have fun!

I have this stateroom in October. Did you guys use it as a quad? If so, how are the beds laid out? Glad to hear that it's pretty quiet...I kinda figured it would be since it's under the dining room.

I was in Room E 216 which was below one of the dining rooms, I didn't find it noisy at all. It is a good location, you are close to all the activities and low enough where you don't feel a lot of motion. Have fun!

I have this stateroom in October. Did you guys use it as a quad? If so, how are the beds laid out? Glad to hear that it's pretty quiet...I kinda figured it would be since it's under the dining room.

This is pretty funny because we have this room on Monday.:)

I'm glad to know it wasn't noisy.

We switched to this crusie unexpectedly when our Celebration cruise was cancelled suddenly and got the last 4 cabins on the ship. Since they were all that was left, we figured that they may well be duds. It is good to know that at least one is good.

We are a little worried about this one especially...U-299.

It seems to be way out of sequence numerically and backs up to the elevator...do you know anything about it?

This is pretty funny because we have this room on Monday.:)

I'm glad to know it wasn't noisy.

We switched to this crusie unexpectedly when our Celebration cruise was cancelled suddenly and got the last 4 cabins on the ship. Since they were all that was left, we figured that they may well be duds. It is good to know that at least one is good.

We are a little worried about this one especially...U-299.

It seems to be way out of sequence numerically and backs up to the elevator...do you know anything about it?

I hope you remember to take pictures of the inside of the cabin!!

• 2 weeks later...
Look at the deck plans. A public area may be above you, but all public spaces are not alike. If the disco is right above you, there could be more noise than if a store (which is closed at night) is above you.

thanks for everybodys responses! I will have to look at the deck plans..hopefully I won't get lost! I can't wait!

Archived