****Live from the Grand Princess****

T&J

THANKS so much Tony for letting me sail along. We did a similar itinerary two years ago and it brings back a lot of good memories. Doing the Black Sea in 2007 and that itinerary has a few of your ports as well, so your info is VERY helpful. Take care and enjoy the rest of the voyage.

I did this same itinerary in 2004 as well on the Star Princess in August and I am also booked on a couple of Black Sea and Holy Land cruises on the Royal next year.

Glad you are enjoying my postings as well.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

Tony can you check on one more thing for me, PRETTY PLEASE??? If you have time... Can you check on the scrapbook for the grand. How much they/it is? Colors they have, sizes & is there a photo of the ship & it's name on the front? THANK YOU!! I am a scrapbooker.

I just checked with the Library and they do not have any for sale. I can't check the gift shop since they are closed right now while we are in port. will chekc later this evening after we sail at 5:00pm for Athens, Greece.

Tony

Tony - do they have an ice cream card (like the pop card)? If so how much is it? Thanks!!

Wendy...YES they do have ice cream cards and they sell them at Scoops (the ice cream shop beside the pool and teh pizzeria). Price is $17.50 + 15% gratuity and applies to 10 sundaes with one topping included or 10 soft serve ice cream cones. You see I learned something new today.

Tony

Just came back from the Lotus spa and I moved up my Facial to 11:15am this moring. Had a great treatment the two step hydralift facial with glycolic peel with Lizelle. Very nice treatment taht lasted 1:20 minutes...my skin sure did need it after all the exposure to the sun we have had on this cruise.

Sharon and Javier are out on a local beach all day today and most of the afternoon.

The weather today is very sunny and hot and a forecasted high of 96F...aye chiwawa!

Now going to ahve some lunch and then a quick nap!

More to follow later today from the Grand Princess.

Tony and Javier

Thanks Tony I will have to check it out. Do you know if it includes the cones you have them make for you or only single plain cones?

The scrapbook will more than lickly be in the photo section. At least that is what I have read on the boards. http://www.princess.com/onboard/services/gifts/photography.html

Memories At Sea Scrapbook

Exclusive custom scrapbook bearing the name and picture of your ship on the cover. The scrapbook includes 10, 12x12 archival quality pages and is wrapped in a custom slip case.

Item #5307

$19.95

I will be on the Grand in 3 monhs & man Tony I feel like I am with you on yours.

Tony.....just a thought. Have you reserved a car in BA? We're very willing to have you as a chauffeur. :D

Thought of you yesterday afternoon - at Starbucks!

Arlene

No I haven't?...if your serious let me know!;)

Tony

Thanks Tony I will have to check it out. Do you know if it includes the cones you have them make for you or only single plain cones?

Only the regular plain cones with the card!

Tony

The scrapbook will more than lickly be in the photo section. At least that is what I have read on the boards. http://www.princess.com/onboard/services/gifts/photography.html

Memories At Sea Scrapbook

Exclusive custom scrapbook bearing the name and picture of your ship on the cover. The scrapbook includes 10, 12x12 archival quality pages and is wrapped in a custom slip case.

Item #5307

$19.95

I will be on the Grand in 3 monhs & man Tony I feel like I am with you on yours.

OK will check it out with photog people as well later today for you.

Tony

No I haven't?...if your serious let me know!;)

Tony

Absolutely. We've decided that our two days precruise will be in your hands. Wherever you go; we go. Whatever you do; we do. Just "me and my shadow".....la la la la. :) Of course we need to do a Tango show too.

Arlene

Absolutely. We've decided that our two days precruise will be in your hands. Wherever you go; we go. Whatever you do; we do. Just "me and my shadow".....la la la la. :) Of course we need to do a Tango show too.

Arlene

You'll be doing a Tango Show with another "shadow"!

Hey how is Murray doing?

Tony and Javier

Hey Tony -

Glad to see you are having a nice relaxing day. You have been running like crazy for the last few weeks so I am sure that this day is well appreciated.

You said that Sharon and Javier are at the beach. Is there a nice one close by? That sounds like a perfect plan for the day we are in Katakolon.

Thanks for all the information - I LEAVE IN LESS THAN A WEEK!!!!!!!!

Lynn

Hey Tony -

Glad to see you are having a nice relaxing day. You have been running like crazy for the last few weeks so I am sure that this day is well appreciated.

You said that Sharon and Javier are at the beach. Is there a nice one close by? That sounds like a perfect plan for the day we are in Katakolon.

Thanks for all the information - I LEAVE IN LESS THAN A WEEK!!!!!!!!

Lynn

Lynn...YES I enjoyed "MY DAY" thank you.

There is a small beach to the left of the pier that is nice and then there is the larger sections of beach that spand for 7 miles along the coast...mostly peble and rock but the water is beautifull is what they told me when they got back about 1.5 hours ago.

Tony

Captain has just cleared for sea now and we are leaving Katakolon, Greece bound for Athens. We are arriving in Athens, Greece at 6:00am tomorrow and departing at 5:45pm. The weather is forecasted for Athens is 95C and sunny skies with a light westerly breeze all day. How rough is this?

Going to the gym now. Watch our sailaway on the Cruise Cam.

More to follow later from the Grand Princess.

Tony and Javier

Good thing happen to those that wait...or at least those that move twice before! We got a call just after I came back from the gym from the First Staff Purser explaining that they had a Mini-Suite CAT AB Dolphin 601 that became available as a couple had disembarked in Katakolon and we would be interested in taking it? Of course we said yes and we were packed again within 20 minutes flat.

The new upgardes in the Mini-Suites are nice especially the new linens and comforters and mattress toppers....very confortable. Our cabin new cabin steward is also very pleasant and helpfull and even unpacked us completely....will be leaving him some extra $$$ for sure if he keeps up this kind of treatment.

Javier and I were just getting used to being on Aloha deck 14 and it was convenient to go one deck up to the gym or spa pool and being on the same deck as the Horizon Court but I guess we can walk a little further for this room.

About to go to dinner now and then go to the "office" tonight and try my luck some more.

More to follow later tonight from the Grand Princess.

Tony and Javier

This thread is really interesting, it puts me in the mood of cruising like day dreaming .. thanks for the posts and glad to know you are having such a great time ..

I am just wondering, how did you prepare for driving in Naples or in Corfu.. Do you have a world Atlas or something, or did you use a navigator or what ?

Hey Tony... congratulations on the mini-suite upgrade. I really, really like the upgraded mattresses. The way your luck is going, I "bet" you do well at the office... and definitely the pun was intended.

Have fun in Athens and try to stay cool. I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures next stop.

Sandy

This thread is really interesting, it puts me in the mood of cruising like day dreaming .. thanks for the posts and glad to know you are having such a great time ..

I am just wondering, how did you prepare for driving in Naples or in Corfu.. Do you have a world Atlas or something, or did you use a navigator or what ?

Montreal drivers are a good preparation for Naples drivers!

Just used regular maps that Hertz provides with the car...that's it!

Tony

Hey Tony!

What are your plans for Athens tomorrow?

We actually have a car rented from Hertz right at the port tomorrow mornig at 8:30am and plan on driving the countryside maybe to Marathon or elsewhere for the entire day and get back to the ship around 5:00pm.

Have to get to bed NOW since it is already 1:15am here...ouch tomorrow will be here real quick!

Nite Nite to all from the Grand Princess.

More to follow tomorrow.

Tony

Good thing happen to those that wait...or at least those that move twice before! We got a call just after I came back from the gym from the First Staff Purser explaining that they had a Mini-Suite CAT AB Dolphin 601 that became available as a couple had disembarked in Katakolon and we would be interested in taking it? Of course we said yes and we were packed again within 20 minutes flat.

I guess we can walk a little further for this room.

About to go to dinner now and then go to the "office" tonight and try my luck some more.

Tony and Javier

What a coincidence. Guess what room we had the last time we were on the Grand. You got it............Dolphin 601! So, whatever it is you stepped in this afternoon, keep it with you for the rest of the night. :D

Arlene

Hey Tony... congratulations on the mini-suite upgrade. I really, really like the upgraded mattresses. The way your luck is going, I "bet" you do well at the office... and definitely the pun was intended.

Have fun in Athens and try to stay cool. I'm looking forward to reading about your adventures next stop.

Sandy

Let's see if my luck holds for the rest of this cruise.

Tony

Archived