Which Tour Gets You to Stingray City 1st?

jenyates

The first time my husband and I went to Grand Cayman, Nativeway got us to Stingray City really early, so there were tons of rays to interact with and few other people. Later trips, both with Nativeway and others, usually got us there well after 9 and therefore when huge crowds had already arrived. I just e-mailed Nativeway to ask when their morning tour leaves, but can anyone recommend another operator who starts bright and early? Because we've found that operators are often either a bit late, or will wait for up to 45 minutes for other passengers to arrive off the ship. I'd like to get to the water as soon as we can, and our ship arrives at 7AM, so I'd love to find a tour that leaves by 8 or so. Any and all recommendations welcome!

We used Captain Marvin's, but I think their earliets is 8:30. The second time we were there, CM's was the only boat at stingray sandbar. Talk about a wonderful time. Of course there were no cruise ships in port that day, so that made a big difference, but it was just amazing!

Good luck! :)

I'm also looking for the earliest tour for my wife and two friends (while I go diving). Our ship Miracle arrives at 7am (or 6am local time) and the earliest tour I foundis Capt. Marvin 8;30am. Soto's is at 9:30am. Nativeway is 9:30am and is booked by a private group the day we are in port. Capt. Bryan is 9:30am.

So it looks like for us it'll be Capt. Marvin as the earliest at 8:30am, $35/p. Soto's would be our second choice, at 9:30am, $30/p.

Hi

We did the stingray tour in May when we were on the Conquest, we did the ship tour and it was great. Only had 20 people on that tour. We took the 7:30 am tour and was the first boat to arrive at the sandbar. We were over run with stingrays,they were everywhere, as we were pulling into the sandbar they came swimming to the boat in packs. It was an awesome site to see. As we where getting ready to leave, many, many other boats started to arrive with lots of people on board them. It was an experience I will never forget

I'm also looking for the earliest tour for my wife and two friends (while I go diving). Our ship Miracle arrives at 7am (or 6am local time) and the earliest tour I foundis Capt. Marvin 8;30am. Soto's is at 9:30am. Nativeway is 9:30am and is booked by a private group the day we are in port. Capt. Bryan is 9:30am.

So it looks like for us it'll be Capt. Marvin as the earliest at 8:30am, $35/p. Soto's would be our second choice, at 9:30am, $30/p.

During the summer time Captain Bryan leaves at 8am. We are to meet at his place by 7:45am island time. We have reservations with Captain Bryan for the second week in September and that's what time we are suppose to meet. Hope this helps.

During the summer time Captain Bryan leaves at 8am. We are to meet at his place by 7:45am island time. We have reservations with Captain Bryan for the second week in September and that's what time we are suppose to meet. Hope this helps.

We are sailing with Capt. Bryan in two weeks (two stop tour). We have to meet 8:45am (local time) for the 9:30am sailing.

Maybe the three stop starts earlier?

Ed

I'm booked on this same tour in October, also on CB. Can you please post a report of your trip, including how you got an early tender off the ship, and how prompt was Capt. Bryan's departure. As the CB only arrives at 7.00 am port time and the meeting time for Capt. Bryan is 7.45 am, I'm just a little concerned about making this trip on time. Please assure me that everything went well with you.

I will be there second week in Sept also Sept 14th to be exact. What ship are on?

Robb

Archived