rebooking????

Hosh

I talked to my PVP a min. ago about a bette price that i found on the web she told me to call and rebook through the web company shouldnt carnival be able to match the price on the web, and if not why?

i dont understand this rule, it seems they would be making more money by keeping my booking fo themselves because the ta is sure to be getting a better price then what id be paying to carnival for the same thing?????

Carnival is still making the same amount of money, (your PVP just doesn't get the individual sale) even if your T/A discounts the price. This practice is called rebating. The T/A and Carnival both offer the cruise for the same price. In order to earn your business, the T/A gives you a discount by taking less commission.

It works like this: your cruise costs $1,000 p/p. Included in that price is a commission of approximately $150. The T/A only takes $100 of the commission and sells you the cruise for $950. This is how the online agencies discount. It works just like your local car dealers. They all get the same price from GM, but discounts vary from dealer to dealer.

If Carnival matched the discounted price, they would not need T/A's. T/A's still make up the majority of a cruise line's sales.

Hope this helps to clear up the confusion.

Archived