Ft Lauderdale to Miami????

We are flying into Ft Lauderdale too. We decided to rent a car sine we'll be in Ft Lauderdale a full day early. We plan to drop the rental off in Miami. Only $31.00 for the entire rental, tax included!

Have fun on your cruise!

We are flying into Ft Lauderdale too. We decided to rent a car sine we'll be in Ft Lauderdale a full day early. We plan to drop the rental off in Miami. Only $31.00 for the entire rental, tax included!

Have fun on your cruise!

Great price. Just curious, what size car are you renting and who are you renting from?

I looked at the carnival shuttles...$40 p/p roundtrip...so for the two of us it would be $80 total. However the drawback from previous experience is that you sometimes have to sit on the bus and wait for it to fill..they were using 60 passenger coaches..not sure now what they have. But waiting for the bus to fill can be annoying. There was also one experience I had where the bus left full but there wasn't enough room for all the luggage underneath so they left it sitting for the next bus...our luggage was part of what was left so we worried about it til it arrived a couple hours later at the port.

I've looked at cabs and the price seems to average in the $60-$65 range.

So, what I've decided to do is get a limo from Creative Limo...to pick us up as a surprise to my wife at the airport. A 6 passenger stretch with a driver meet and greet at baggage claim is going to run us $110.50. A little pricy I know, but somehow I just think it will kick our cruise off with style to have a limo driver waiting for us with our name on a sign...take us out..and put us in a limo (she'll be sooooo surprised) plus with champagne waiting inside!

As for on the way back, we don't fly out of FLL till 6:30...so I'm not sure what to do with our day...I don't particularly care about sitting in the airport all day.

A little pricy I know, considering there are cheaper options...but heck, it's a big trip for us that we might not get to take one like again for many years since we're getting ready to put five kids through college between now and 2023!.... So my thought is why not do it in style?

We are flying in 2 days prior to our cruise in April and renting a car is the best option for us. Enterprise is the company we chose because they have a location near the Port of Miami (in the Hyatt, 400 S.E, 2nd Ave) and offer a free shuttle to the port. We have chosen a Luxury Car, mostly for the size (luggage capacity) and will be paying around $75 a day including all taxes and fees.

We are sailing out of Miami but are finding it is cheaper to fly into Ft. Lauderdale. Anyone know about taxi cost or other transportation from airport to hotel in Miami? Thanks

Taxis run between $75-$85.

Tri-County Airport Express is $18 per person.

http://www.floridalimo.com/Pages/sharedr.html

When you arrive at the airport, collect your luggage and go outside the baggage claim area, lower level, curbside, contact one of the starters (customer services reps.) wearing a white shirt with "AIRPORT EXPRESS" in red on the back of the shirt and an emblem on the sleeve and over the breast pocket. Let the starter know what service you are interested in and he/she will assist you. ;)

Archived