Internet access from my laptop?

Baseball Lover

What internet options do I have if I bring my laptop?

While I did have a laptop with me on our last cruise primarily to download and review pictures, I simply bought a package deal (50 minutes I think) and used the internet cafe. I was only checking email though so it really wasn't all that bad cost wise (sorry but I don't remember now the exact cost). That was plenty for a 7 day cruise.

As I recall I think some of HAL's ships do have hot spots, and some staterooms have access as well (which you still have to pay for).

Cheers.

Plug in in your stateroom or go wireless from the Atrium, anywhere on Promenade Deck (such as the Explorations Cafe) or anywhere on Lido Deck.

Wireless is faster than plugged in - but the same per-minute rates apply.

On the Zuiderdam last month, wireless access was available only in limited areas, very close to the Internet cafe or in the library. There were frequently quite a few people there. The charge is the same, 250 minutes for $100 which is 40 cents a minute (or more on smaller packages) and in fact you can split wireless minutes with internet cafe minutes on the same package. Of course the advantage to having your own laptop is that you have your own programs, as well as the capability of uploading your own pictures or files to email or the internet.

I have a nice pic of the Internet cafe at Zuiderdam to Alaska

Have a GREAT cruise!

Mike

Archived