Chosing between MSC Musica and Celebrity ( Millennium Class )

ItalianGuest

I'm looking to plan my next cruise. I usually cruise with Celebrity but MSC Musica is very beautiful ...

May you help to complete this comparative chart, please ?

Millennium Class | MSC Musica

T. Pool Complimentary use | ?

Tips 11 $ p. person p. day | ?

Bar service charge 15 % | ?

Cuisine excellent | ?

Language on B. English | ITALIAN

Butler In Suite | ?

Water Complimentary in jug | ?

( main dining room )

Pizza 12 Noon - 1 am | ?

Ice Cream 12 Noon - 10 pm | ?

Coffee & Tea available 24 hours | ?

Afternoon Tea 4 - 5 pm | ?

Thank you :)

There are not many who will have sailed Musica yet. MSC tips are €6 per day pp [hald for kids], no 15%. Ask for a "jug of water" in the dining room or you will be offer bottled. [Wine/alcoholic drinks far cheaper than Celebrity] Food is subjective depending on one's tastes [ie I would not rate Century excellent.. it was 'good']. MSC covers English, Italian, French, German, Spanish.. there is afternoon tea.

I don't know about the Pizza/ice cream on Millennium Class.. those hours were certainly not valid on Century earlier this year.. ON MSC it is usually most of the afternoon into early evening.. not that late.. but Musicia is different to all other MSC vessels she has more dining venues.. so I don't know how it works. Nor can I vouch for butler in a suite or

Having sailed MSC Monterey and Century this year.. I would not bother with Celebrity again, purely for the dirt and uncleanliness aboard. Personally i would go for Musica she looks beautiful.

Pam

Italian Cruiser,

If I were to choose I'd go for Celebrity and certainly the Millennium class ships (although the Galaxy was also very good). Read my review of Musica (other thread) and you'll have most of the info of Musica.

Musica is a beautiful ship but it's the people that are on it that make your holiday.

Your list

T. Pool Complimentary use | Pools are complimentary. T. Pool ?

Tips 11 $ p. person p. day | 6 EUR/day/person Children 3 EUR/day

Bar service charge 15 % | No service charge. Prices are OK.

Cuisine excellent | Certainly not as good as Celebrity !!

Language on B. English | ITALIAN but also English (foreign waiters love to hear English)

Butler In Suite | No.

Water Complimentary in jug | No, water must be paid at the table.

( main dining room )

Pizza 12 Noon - 1 am | Yes from 0.30 pm till 4.00 pm.

Ice Cream 12 Noon - 10 pm | No ice cream, only to be paid at the pool bar.

Coffee & Tea available 24 hours | Room service yes, Buffet restaurant is closed after abt. 4.30 pm. No more coffe then. Also not after dinner !

Afternoon Tea 4 - 5 pm | Yes, unfortunately no sorbet parade

Make the good choice !

Racing :)

There are not many who will have sailed Musica yet. MSC tips are €6 per day pp [hald for kids], no 15%. Ask for a "jug of water" in the dining room or you will be offer bottled. [Wine/alcoholic drinks far cheaper than Celebrity] Food is subjective depending on one's tastes [ie I would not rate Century excellent.. it was 'good']. MSC covers English, Italian, French, German, Spanish.. there is afternoon tea.

I don't know about the Pizza/ice cream on Millennium Class.. those hours were certainly not valid on Century earlier this year.. ON MSC it is usually most of the afternoon into early evening.. not that late.. but Musicia is different to all other MSC vessels she has more dining venues.. so I don't know how it works. Nor can I vouch for butler in a suite or

Having sailed MSC Monterey and Century this year.. I would not bother with Celebrity again, purely for the dirt and uncleanliness aboard. Personally i would go for Musica she looks beautiful.

Pam

Thanks for your reply. :)

ItalianGuest

Italian Cruiser,

If I were to choose I'd go for Celebrity and certainly the Millennium class ships (although the Galaxy was also very good). Read my review of Musica (other thread) and you'll have most of the info of Musica.

Musica is a beautiful ship but it's the people that are on it that make your holiday.

Your list

T. Pool Complimentary use | Pools are complimentary. T. Pool ?

Tips 11 $ p. person p. day | 6 EUR/day/person Children 3 EUR/day

Bar service charge 15 % | No service charge. Prices are OK.

Cuisine excellent | Certainly not as good as Celebrity !!

Language on B. English | ITALIAN but also English (foreign waiters love to hear English)

Butler In Suite | No.

Water Complimentary in jug | No, water must be paid at the table.

( main dining room )

Pizza 12 Noon - 1 am | Yes from 0.30 pm till 4.00 pm.

Ice Cream 12 Noon - 10 pm | No ice cream, only to be paid at the pool bar.

Coffee & Tea available 24 hours | Room service yes, Buffet restaurant is closed after abt. 4.30 pm. No more coffe then. Also not after dinner !

Afternoon Tea 4 - 5 pm | Yes, unfortunately no sorbet parade

Make the good choice !

Racing :)

Thank you for your riply. :)

ItalianGuest

I paid 12 Euro per day for tips on MSC, not 6 as another poster indicated.

I also agree with Racing that the numbers of kids on MSC in summer was a real problem and they were totally out of control, turning over chairs in the piano bar, etc. The Captain acknowledged the problems as there were numerous complaints and basically told everyone to get over it, as kids were "special". Perhaps they are to their parents, but the uncontrolled behavior and sheer volume of them were a big problem on my Sinfonia cruise. I had two teens in the cabin next to me (with their parents down the hall) and had to call Security half a dozen times as they were screaming and throwing things around in the middle of the night. The parents were incredibly rude and denied the kids were staying on their own. More should have been done but was not.

The Italians can be loud and pushy (I am of Italian descent but raised in the states) and I was pushed and shoved more than I am used to on other ships. And the sheer din in the dining room at times took getting used to.

Inosfar as the wine packages, they were quite restrictive in that you had to accept a certain number of reds and whites. I prefer red so the package was not of value to me.

The ship and food were beautiful and I would perhaps cruise with them again but NEVER during an Italian holiday.

Archived