Special dietary requests?

vavoom

Hi all. I've put this off til the last minute but I wondered if anyone knew how to request a special diet on RC cruises?

I'm a vegan (no animal products incl. eggs, dairy etc.) I don't know how much they will be willing/ able to accomodate me...hoping I won't have to live on bananas the entire time:p

You will have choices at every meal that will fit your vegan diet, but not a wide variety. You can always request things like baked potatoes and salads to fill any voids, as well. When I first cruised I was vegetarian (although not vegan).....I did have a little trouble with the choices labeled as vegetarian because almost all of them included portabella mushrooms and I despise mushrooms!

Have your TA make this special request for you ahead of time. Or if you're not using a TA, you can call them yourself. Your Head Waiter will be notified and he will check with you the first night of the cruise. They usually bend over backwards to help you out with your dietary needs.

On this same note....the last few cruises that we've been on, we've had trouble with too much sodium in the food. Our last cruise in July was on the Empress and the food was waaaaayyy overly salted. It was like everybody in the kitchen went by the food and put more salt in the pot, not knowing that the last person had done so. Soooooo....I was thinking on our next cruise to request a low sodium diet ahead of time. Has anyone ever done this and how did that work out for you?

I'm a ovolacto vegetarian so I never have a problem with the regular vegetarian options on the menus but since you're vegan you should definitly tell your travel agent ASAP!!! I think you have up to 24 hrs before the cruise to request it. Good luck!

LaUrA:D :D

Archived