Passport Name Question

I'm sure I already know what the answe to this question will probably be, but i'll ask anyway. My legal name on BC & DL, is spelled one way but all through school and adult life, my name is spelled slightly different by 2 letters. In the past I have always travelled using the "incorrect" spelling (which I perfer better), but now that i'm about to mail off for my passport, I assume I will have to use the BC & DC spelling, correct??? I noticed when completing my forms at the bottom it asked What other names have I used. If I list a name there will it be used on my passport?

Has anyone else had this problem?Thanks in advance for your honest answers.

Also, the incorrect spelling have always been on my W2's/Checkstub/Bank & CC accounts...everything.

We used our legal names on the passport even though we go by our informal names usually. Also had to have the C&A changed to legal names because of the passport for sign in on line. Was told by RCCL that you have to have the same names on your check in docs as your passport.

Use the names that are on your BC. In my case, my parents changed my name three times before I was two. I have a total of three BC. I use the one with the latest changes to my name, although my parents must have forgotten that they changed it the second time, because they taught me to spell my name on the second BC... Use the BC with that spelling. As for the "alias" part on the application, I used that for my old married name.

No problems in getting the passport, and they send you back your BC with it.

Have fun on your trip!

D :)

Had to use the BC Spelling of my name because I didn't have enough documents with me to convince them of the way my name is normally spelled. Now I need to figure out a way to get my Aadvantage name to match my passport, so I won't have a problem redeeming my AA miles.

Archived